Quantcast

ice cream sandwich os

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by fachhoch, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fachhoch

fachhoch New Member

what os and verison revue currently has ? My revue is up to date.When I try to It says I have the latest Can I upgrade to ice cream sandwich or any other newer OS version?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

NO. You can only receive an operating system update from Logitech. (Logitech would first need to receive the update from Google).

3. fachhoch

fachhoch New Member

what about using GTV hacker GTVhacker • View topic - Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue ?
    They say I can update revue and also they say logitech is not going to release any updates is ti true ?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

When the Revue was on the 2.1 update - GTVHacker came out with a hack to put the 3.1 update on the Revue before it was officially released. However some people ended up bricking their Revue trying this - and it voids the warranty. Also there were some bugs with the hacked version.

The Revue is now officially on the 3.1 update. Currently GTVHacker has no hack for a GTV Ice Cream Sandwich version. And once you obtained the "official" 3.1 update on your Revue - I don't think that there is any way to obtain the rooted hack version anymore.

Logitech did say that they will be releasing the 3.2 update (see link below) - but they offered no time-frame. Beyond the 3.2 update - it's anybodies guess if their will be any further updates for the Revue.

Will the Revue be updated or not, YES OR NO? - Logitech Forums

Note: There is currently a petition for Logitech to open up the boot-loader on the Revue. I suggest if you want improved functionality and updates (from developers) - that you sign the petition. Here is the link for the petition:

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic372.html

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012