Quantcast

I would love to see a movie library app

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Davs, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Davs

Davs New Member

It seems that the built in media player can play pretty much anything I throw at it now and it would be nice to have an app akin to "My Movies" for Windows Media Center or XBMC which would be most ideal, but it doesn't appear as though the xbmc team has a big enough fire under it's butt to pay any attention to us. Anything would be better than browsing folders.

I'd be willing to put some time into this if I even knew where to start.

2. drhill

drhill Member

I agree. Using Twonky DLNA server I have some success with "album art" for shows. But it doesn't show up on a folder unless an episode is directly in that folder, and not in a subfolder. Even then I only get the art for the first episode and not a show/season image.

Not sure if it is a twonky thing or a MediaPlayer thing, because I have all that stuff populated via SickBeard.

3. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV New Member

I mentioned in another post, I think what would be better is integrate your LOCAL(ie stull on your own harddrives) content into the TV/Movies section. Where you can select Pay/Free and HD or all movie types, offer a couple other choices, All content(including LOCAL) just LOCAL or just Non-Local.

4. drhill

drhill Member

That's not convenient for accessing your content from multiple devices.

5. Davs

Davs New Member

This seems like it would be easy to implement, even as a third party since all the tools are already there. I'd settle for this approach while a real library app get's developed. I wouldn't want the only option to be to search or browse an unorganized list of movies/TV. There needs to be something like "My Movies." I know a lot of you out there pretty much require a database anyways to manage all of your media.

On a side note, itunes implementation would be nice also.