Quantcast

I think my Revue died

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ChickenBaconSwiss, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ChickenBaconSwiss

ChickenBaconSwiss New Member

I turned on my TV today and my screen was completely black with just my TV ports identifier on the top of the screen. When I press alt+ctl+delete I get the "Logitech Revue" with Google TV but it doesn't do that cool colorful splash and just kicks back to my TV port identifier. So I guess my unit died after almost two years. The last show I watched was New Girl.

2. steve_webbie

steve_webbie New Member

Early this summer my Revue went to black after the splash screen. I found that unplugging everything from helped for very short durations. I also began doing factory resets about once weekly. In the end I got a Co Star, and a full size keyboard. Steve

3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

When the upgrade goes out I have an extra GS7 on the shelf.Then I'm going to replace my revue when all the kinks and bugs are taken care of.Still get the aw snap if you surf long enough.Since all are on HC 3.2 doesn't make much sense to retire it till then.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Make sure that your HDMI cable isn't loose. Also try a factory reset for your Revue (push and hold the button on the back of the Revue for approximately 40 seconds).

5. ChickenBaconSwiss

Strange enough I could not get it to work and I just unhooked it. I tried to get it to factory restore, nothing However, two or three weeks later I decided to connect it and it's been working like a champ. I'm wondering if dust didn't cover the vents on the side and caused it to overheat.

6. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

Heh ... last night I got a black screen on my GS7. Did a soft reset and still couldn't get anything. So I did a factory reset and heard the GTV sound but no picture. As a last resort, which is something I should have done first, I replaced the HDMI cable and it worked perfectly. Had to reinstall, configure, etc ... . Who knows, the original cable may have been loose.

Philip

7. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi CBS

I've had a Logitech Revue die. It ain't pretty! What your Revue suffered from was a problem connecting after a Reboot. Sometimes ya gotta do multiple reboots to get the box back on-line. Sometimes leaving it off for a while seems to work. I've had folks tell me about a MSNTV 2 unit that they thought was dead, only to plug it back in months later and find it worked.

When the Logitech Revue dies it emits an awful sound. It is the units fans that until it went bonkers I never knew existed. Anyway, it will be too loud to be ignored. Nothing will fix it. Anything less is a fixable problem...

The Logitech Revue is an amazing device as far as 1st gen GTV units are concerned. They could well last into the next decade providing Flash video alternatives for the more advanced devices.

I still like the simpler search features of the Revue. I hate how my GS-7 makes me wait for my search inputs. It is way too slow. The Revue displays all search inquiries instantly. Flash simply works. The simplicity of the unit was what won it's fanbase. Sadly, we can't go back...

Just a few of my remembrances of that useful device....

Carl

8. ChickenBaconSwiss

I was thinking about upgrading my GoogleTV but with the news that current concept is dead I'll just keep my Revue and wait for Android TV. Anyways my Revue is great for what I use it for that is why I was bummed when it wouldn't reboot. I mainly use it for Netflix and as a device for my PlayON media server.

Glad to see you're still around Carl. I didn't see any posts on the web-nuts forums for almost a month when I checked out the GoogleTV Forum and then I went back and the website was dead.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Yeah, I quit a month or so before they closed down the group. The last straw for me was when they did the last massive post deletions w/no warning. Over some odd thousand posts just gone. I knew the handwriting was on the wall then. There's another fledgling group that added GTV and other Web-Nuts topics: The Community

10. madman999

madman999 Member

Open up the dead Logitech Revue and check for popped capacitors?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2