Quantcast

I should be getting my Logitech Revue in a few days!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hollywood, Dec 14, 2010.

1. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Google had a developer contest that I entered in October, and I just got my email saying I won! :)

I have been an extremely active member in the Droid X community, and a happy to say that, starting next week, I will be an avtive community member here on GoogleTVforum.org! :)

Here's the screen shot of the email:
    [​IMG]

And here is one once I placed the order with second day delivery selected at checkout:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

Can you get us a screenshot of the actual email and what it looked like? Also, where did you sign up for it?

3. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

wow that is awesome news, congrats!

4. gigadigit

gigadigit New Member

I got one of those too. Just joined this forum. So they didn't charge anything extra for 2nd day shipping? I just went with the ground shipping.

5. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Nope. I checked next day shipping, which was about $18.00, and the second day shipping said $0.00. So I was like "heck yes" and took it. :)

6. Oldtimepenguins

Oldtimepenguins New Member

Hey guys, I received an email as well. Initially skeptical because of the domain the email came from I filled out the form on logitec with not much hope. Now seeing that there is a lot of others with the same email I feel reassured.

Now on to what I found. Seems as though the domain the email came from is owned by Integrated Promotion Marketing Solutions - Marden-Kane Inc. which is a company that does exactly this, promote products. Google is on the client list. It all makes sense.

Still in shock that I was chosen. To think yesterday I was going to buy an apple tv to put boxee on.

7. gmurphy

gmurphy New Member

wow, you guys have got the luck on your side. been an active in the droid forms since the launch. put in for the Google note book. joined this forum because i want to purchase this so bad but dont got the dough. dam i want one. i need to to develop an app for the logitec network music player......best of luck guys.
    peace and love peace and love!

8. coolguy9379

coolguy9379 New Member

I too got the e-mail and placed the order... It's shipped and I should receive it in couple of days! :)

9. hollywood

hollywood New Member

When did you place your order and when did it ship?

I placed my order on Tuesday, right before I posted this thread, and I just got my email today saying that it was shipped.... So much for 2 day shipping...

10. Jumbo

Jumbo New Member

I won one too, whoot!

11. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

HA! Congrats Jumbo! Welcome to the forum!.

12. coolguy9379

coolguy9379 New Member

I placed my order on wednesday and it was shipped on Thursday... Would get it on monday as UPS doesn't do deliveries over the weekend!

13. hollywood

hollywood New Member

What the heck? Lame... I get mine on Tuesday. It should have been Friday, according to their site. But, I guess beggers can't be choosers... :)

14. coolguy9379

coolguy9379 New Member

LOL! :D

I heard there's some problem going on at UPS Knowville, TN and few other hubs. That might be cause for your delay.

15. patitdude

patitdude New Member

that sounds like great news

16. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Just got it this morning about a half hour before I left for work!!!! :D

Now, all I need to do is get an HDMI to DVI converter and an AV receiver/optical audio to analog audio converter, and I can start to use it! :)

17. ameyer13

ameyer13 New Member

I'd love to win one! I actually got mine through work, my Dish Logitech Revue is amazing and has all the makings for a beautiful experience of mega BIG internet happenings! I have a 48" Sony and I have been having so much fun with my "huge computer" and my wireless actions. It's a completely different experience to be sitting on the couch surfing with the ease of the keypad. It's design is amazing since it's so compact of course wireless and seems indestructible. I think the fact that it serves as a wireless router plugging into my home internet makes the speed more impressive. I've also been enjoying the PIP options so while I'm watching TV I'm also surfing the net. Very cool product indeed.