Quantcast

I now get HD QAM and OTA TV with my Visio Co-Star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by chris24miller, Jan 11, 2013.

1. chris24miller

chris24miller New Member

I've been wanting to completely cut the cord and think I've finally done it. It's not perfect, but passes WAF test and is easy. First I use my co-star for most things including Netflix. I still use a Roku XS for HULU and I like the Plex interface better, but the Plex on the Co-star is fine. I have both QAM and OTA coming into my House and I use an Slingbox HD Pro to tune these to my Co-star and they are crystal clear HD using the loaded Slingbox app on the Co-Star. I use Jaksta software as the Slingbox Dvr software that is installed on my home PC. I use Plex to access all of my personal videos and my DVR'd Slingbox videos from the Co-star that are on my Plex Server home PC. You can get last year's model of the Slingbox HD Pro for $100 and the Jaksta software is $20. This setup works great and I'll get rid of my Roku once Hulu ang GTV play nice. I have more TV than I can watch and I pay for Netflix streaming and Hulu Plus.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Sweet....! I love your set up, awesome, welcome to the cord cutters club ...!(l0l)

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't have QAM but I do have OTA, we have cut the cord and are getting along just fine. Google TV will hopefully get some needed services this year, Hulu Plus, Vudu and an Amazon Instant Video app but I first started suggesting those services should be added in 2011 and won't be holding my breath in 2013. Since I can think of no good reason for Google TV not offering those services, I continue to believe it will happen, when is the question. I also use Roku and love that simple little box but Google TV is far and away my favorite smart TV platform.

4. vedder012

vedder012 New Member

Where can I get this side loaded slingbox app?
    Edit. Never mind looks like I mis-read the op original post

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013