Quantcast

I *Need* a game mode

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by balprix, Dec 27, 2010.

1. balprix

balprix New Member

I installed a nice video card I bought for everyone on Christmas. HDMI out, Bad Company 2 full detail. But my monitor lacked in resolution, I needed 1080. Unplug the PC and plug it into my system upstairs, Google TV 40", Yamaha AV 5.1 reciever, polk subwoofer, sony cabinet speakers. The delay was bad, I went through the settings and turned off all post processing I could find on the display. Sharpness was all the way up and when I turned it off, BC2 looked so damn crisp. So the question..

Can we get an update with a game mode??? Is this possible through 3rd party development or google update? If I can't, then the TV will have to go.

2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Well the nice thing about GTV's future is software updates and apps.

3. TvZombie

TvZombie New Member

This is a deal breaker for any gamer. That means anyone who would ever want to plug a PC, PS3, or Xbox into the HDMI input. The controller lag and mouse lag on PC destroys the experience. We need a game mode for no delay. I have a google TV and the lack of a game mode feature to turn off all processing forces me to return this cool little device, which sucks because I had been really looking forward to having Google TV 2.0 compliment my PS3 setup. The delay kills gaming. That's a whole technological savvy crowd that would love this sort of thing, completely cut off.

I don't think this is the kind of option they can afford to ignore really. Good luck convincing grandma and grandpa they need a Google TV, because that's about the only people who might never want a ps3, xbox, or even media PC hooked up to their TV.

Oh well... Bummer.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

5. bidger

bidger Member

Zombies will do that sort of thing.