Quantcast

I hate Google and I hate this TV now

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by geoffreyh, Feb 17, 2014.

1. geoffreyh

geoffreyh New Member

I just received an email from a friend with music which sounds great on my PC but like crap on my Google TV with most of the mid-tones missing. Yes the sound has been adjusted to try in vain to get decent results.
    When I get an email I get a loud audio notification on my PC and my Vizio tablet but nothing audible on my TV... The visual on-screen notification has disappeared entirely since the so-called upgrade to Jellybean. The Google browser functions on my Sony Blue Ray have not worked fully since a so-called upgrade 2 years ago in spite of numerous emails and letters to Google - all ignored!
    Now they have done the same with my Google TV. A useless unstable browser with no Flash player no App notifications. Complaints to LG say they have reported to Google with so far no response 3 months later!
    You have got to be kidding don't you Google? Who the hell do you think you are destroying unnecessarily the functions of a TV I damn well paid $2,000 for. And do you all complain? No!
    This is absolutely the last Google based product I will ever buy!

2. retroben

retroben Active Member

This can be caused by numerous things like the speakers of the PC compared to the Google TV.
    Most digital TV's can sound watered down when compared to a PC or even an older analog TV.

Try finding an equalizer with a virtualizer or audio virtualization and try to play the music after adjusting the virtualizer setting.

Here is one you can try that works on my HoneyComb GS7.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soundappsfree.equalizer

I also have a Wandoujia link for an instant download if the Play Store is trolling you.

http://www.wandoujia.com/apps/com.soundappsfree.equalizer

I hope this helps you.

3. wwsiralexd

wwsiralexd New Member

Why should we? We don't have your problem.

4. geoffreyh

geoffreyh New Member

Typical dumb response! If you have my TV you now have inaudible App notifications and non-existant visual notifications. And the browser IS unstable. Just because you may not use the same apps does not mean the problem does not exsist. It is precisely because of inane non-productive comments like yours that Google takes advantage of us. They certainly know their market.

5. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i argue that most of not the vast majority of GTV owner's do not use Audible app notifications nor visual notifications. to be honest, thats what your smart phone is for since your phone is always on or neat you and you rTV is only in that one room and you only use it when watching TV.

browser works just fine except that it does not play flash, which is not a problem for most i would imagine because youtube has an app on the TV (even though chrome will play youtube vids anyhow), although i can imagine it being an issue for those random websites that still use flash.

when i first bought my smart phone it came with Android ice cream sandwich. once it was updated to Jellybean i had to re-learn how to do certain things because the new version of android worked differently. in some cases i was no longer able to do things the way i did them before. this is, of course, normal and completely expected. sure i posted a complaint or two, but if only a small percentage complains then the change was a success and a good change. obviously there is no change that will satisfy 100% of people, but as long as it satisfies most people, then there is no reason to change it.

i think the real issue is that many people just did not know what they were getting into. you could definitely blame Google for this misunderstanding while at the same time you could blame the consumer for not having the proper understanding of the product they are purchasing. having said that, since it is Google's product, the responsibility does rest more on their shoulders than on the consumers.

being that the OS in Android, it is not out of the ordinary to expect google to provide updates that change how the OS does things. to complain about those changes is perfectly ok, but i feel that hating google is a bit extreme in response to something that is completely with in the norm.

the previous comment does have some merit. why should people complain if the TV works just fine for them? i would say that the only valid complaints that you see regarding LG's GTV is the lack of flash compatibility, which when you understand why is perfectly understandable, and some netflix issues (maybe)

6. retroben

retroben Active Member

It may not look as good,but you can use the Android version of flash on a number of web browsers,as well as on an app made for playing SWF files.

This topic is about poor sound quality after the update.
    It still is a matter of what is being used to listen to the sound on the TV.
    Is it the TV's built-in sound,or is it an external input such as a digital audio output or surround system.
    Same question for comparing the PC.

I hope you try the equalizer I mentioned,since it's virtualizer improves my sound quality when watching YouTube videos in the HD modded mobile app from XDA.
    First,you should set the TV's Bass and Treble (if available) back to normal so they won't be too high.
    You might have a short moment without sound until the equalizer kicks in.
    I forgot to mention that I am using a weird setup for my earbuds hooked to a rocker chair,which is hooked into the TV's headphone jack with a converter wire.

And I still get really good sound quality!