Quantcast

I don't need it, but couldn't resist at $99

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by HamDog, Aug 2, 2011.

1. HamDog

HamDog Member

So I ordered one from Amazon and should get it by tomorrow. I already have a dedicated HTPC. I don't subscribe to cable or satellite, I just get off-air channels in my Windows Media Center.

I noticed the requirements for the Revue were that you need a cable or satellite box. Can it also work with my HTPC? My HTPC does have an HDMI output, but it doesn't do sound over HDMI (I actually use a DVI to HDMI cable). I don't think the Revue has an audio input, so not sure how it will work.

Even if doesn't work with my HTPC, I look forward to just browsing and playing with it.

2. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

You don't need a cable or satellite, and it should work just fine with the HDMI out on your HTPC...

3. dhotiram

dhotiram New Member

LOL. i did the same thing. I have a very nice HTPC and i don't need this box, but the major temptation was not even the price point. Just the fact that it is going to be upgraded to honeycomb soon is what made me order directly from Logitech. haven't received it yet but might review it here. its sold out everywhere else.