Quantcast

I don't know about this upgrade...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by lotus, Dec 9, 2011.

1. lotus

lotus New Member

Hello there
    Boy, this "upgrade" is turning into a downgrade for me. I may not be that tech savvy, but I'm not totally inept! I'm having major issues with Chrome (at least I THINK it's chrome related) I had to pull the plug on my revue to reboot it no less than 3x today. From a fresh boot everything is fine, for a while. It seems the more web pages I visit, (and I don't visit many) the slower and slower Chrome gets, until it refuses to load any page at all! I don't get an error, the little circle thingy just keeps spinning and spinning...so I gave up and decided to watch something on netflix. Ha, I got 2 min. of grainy video, then the message we are having trouble playing this video... kept trying and it kept happening (when I could get into Netflix at all) Finally I got mad and pulled the plug, waited 30 sec and relaunched the same netflix video and it played fine from beginning to end (with good clear video) Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? I'm going to just watch video for a while and not go to any web sites so I can see if it's a chrome thing or maybe some system thing...Heck, if I could rollback to 2.1 I'd be sorely tempted. I'd rather have a bit more "clunkiness" but have it work right! I only want to keep this HC because of the android market, but even that remains to be seen how stable it is. I only d/l 2 apps (games) so far, and 1 worked and 1 didn't. Add the learning curve into the mix, and I'm not a happy camper... How can I try to fix anything when I don't know where or how to get to the problem? (Well, not like I know what's going on anyway)

Barbara

2. Fleury14

Fleury14 New Member

Try rebooting your router

3. papabare

papabare New Member

Are you wired or wireless? If wired, are you going right to the router or getting there via a switch? As Fleury14 hints at, it could be a packet issue on one of your ethernet jacks or on a wireless router.

If rebooting the router didn't help and you are connected to the router via a switch, reboot the switch as well.

4. kgdg

kgdg New Member

as others have suggested, this could very likely be a networking issue.
    I am wireless on 1 of my revue's and wired on the other. The wireless one often hangs, netflix gives error etc.

Were you not having these kinds of issues before the update?
    If wireless, try wired if possible, or get a powerline adapter.

None of my revues have been updated yet...

5. snow11

snow11 New Member

Has others got the upgrade ? My is ready not sure if i want to dowmload it i don't to want to mess it up , work great

6. kennyinbmore

kennyinbmore New Member

I'm with you snow. Mine hasn't come yet but I'm worried about installing it when it does

7. snow11

snow11 New Member

I'm thinking going to hang back on this one for a bit , I usually jump on update for all the new stuff but don't feel it's going to worth the hassle and i use mine:cool: alot and like i said it work really well tons of free stuff trouble free

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

I did the update this morning and I've been playing around with it for a good part of the day.
    It took a while for me to figure out how to download apps from the Market, but with eferz's help we finally got there.
    Other than that user related issue (me!) it's working great.
    The browser is noticably faster, and hasn't stumbled once.
    I haven't tried the media player yet. I've played a bit with some apps ,and so far no problems.
    I don't have it connected for TV integration so I can't say how well it works that way.
    I tried a few minutes on TVfull. com, and it worked fine there also.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lotus

lotus New Member

Thanks everyone. I am wireless, ethernet is not an option right now, there is some gizmo that plugs into an outlet Eferz was telling me about, I may look into that, although I am not convinced that is the problem. With 2.1 I initially had a connection problem, but once rebooted it never happened again, and chrome was plenty fast and never froze. I wonder if it's possible to rollback from 3.1 to 2.1 again. Anyone know?

Barbara

10. plumeria

plumeria New Member

For people having Wi-Fi isses with the 3.1 upgrade, first reboot the router and then try this fix if the reboot does not help.

• Launch the settings
    • Select Wi-Fi
    • Turn off Wi-Fi
    • Turn on WiFi
    • Select your Wi-Fi network and open the setting menu for WiFi
    • Change IP settings from "DHCP" to "Static"
    • From here on you must enter all the fields even though it looks like there are number already pre-populated. You must enter all the numbers in these fields even if it looks like there are numbers in them already
    • Then input (verify the router's IP Range)
    • IP address
    • Gateway
    • Network prefix length (enter 24)
    • DNS1 and DNS2 would be 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4. (they are Google DNS addresses)
    • Push "Connect" button
    It has fixed some people's Wi-Fi issues on certain Wi-Fi routers with the 3.1 upgrade. There is no roll-back option to 2.1.

Peter McColgan
    Sr. Product Manager
    Logitech Revue

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  11. snow11

snow11 New Member

WOW!!! Was hopping to see alot more feedback on the update this AM but no news is good news ??

12. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

After a factory reset I received my update this morning. So far all is great except netflix has crashed on two different movies so far. My revue is connected via wifi. I just reset my router and so far my third test movie from netflix is still playing. Hopefully this solves the problem as I had no problems with streaming netflix before the update.
    Everything thing else seems awesome. I side loaded astro file manager and drop box apps but stopped there because I really wanted to test netflix.

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

13. Ssmithri

Ssmithri New Member

Just wanted to report that my upgrade is working flawlessly now. I had some initial issues with it connecting to wireless (router reboot fixed that) and had to remove and re-add my account credentials to get the market to function properly... But all is well now. Speed is good, loaded several app, integrated to box.net, side loaded es file explorer so I can now see my home network drive. No issues with Netfix or amazon streaming. Great upgrade!

14. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

Should we be concerned about the quality of the 3.1 update

I've been wondering the same thing but it appears the "limited" feedback so far is mostly positive.

15. snow11

snow11 New Member

Ya all is looking good really want to go for it but want to see a little more feedback and just a FYI Best Buy has logitech revue for $79.00

16. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

In store? website says $99 ...Tiger Direct has refurbs/shipping for $79 though....

17. pgoelz

pgoelz New Member

FWIW, I was just at the BestBuy here in Rochester MI and the Revue (with "update coming soon" on the box) is $129.00 and in stock. So I guess the price varies regionally.

No update here yet.

Paul

18. jlawou

jlawou New Member

I got the upgrade this morning and played around with it for a couple of hours. I had no problems with wifi or the Market, even got a few apps side loaded. No problem with Netflix either so far (just watched one 20 min show). The browser has much better performance IMO. Even got ESPN3 playing.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

19. snow11

snow11 New Member

So i did the update all went well outside of aa few issues ,Went i go to let me watch and channel 101 i get sound but no video ?
    Anyone else having this problem ? And it it appears that all other vids works like youtube (ext) Some input would be helpful

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. kennyinbmore

kennyinbmore New Member

Monday morning and still no update. Hopefully this afternoon after I get off work