Quantcast

I am trying to do 2 things.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by chirosoccer, Feb 10, 2012.

1. chirosoccer

chirosoccer New Member

I am trying to do 2 thing. 1st thing is I want to hook the cable coming out of my wall into this converter, then run a HDMI cable from the converter to my logitech revue, then a hdmi cable from the revue to my tv so I can browse the internet and watch tv at the same time. The 1st link is the converter. My question is will this do the trick? My 2nd question is I have a 2nd revue in my old room with a tube tv. If i buy this adapter cable, will this let me run the HDMI cable from my revue into the yellow and white input on my tube tv. The 2nd link is this adapter cable. Thank you for your help in advance.

ebay.com/itm/Component-Coax-Optical-Toslink-HDMI-Converter-/370576998350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56481c3fce
    ebay.com/itm/HDMI-HDTV-VGA-3-RCA-Converter-Adapter-Cable-1080p-/170501674361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b2b11579

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Fixed your links above.

I'm not sure if that will work, unless you have Component cables coming out of your wall. I suspect you have an RG6 or RG5 coaxial cable coming out of your wall feeding your channels from the cable company or an over-the-air antenna. This will require for you get a set-top box with a digital QAM/ATSC tuner and HDMI output, like a Tivo Series 3 or Premiere. That will be able to feed the channels into the Revue appropriately.

The next part is the HDMI to analog adapter cable. This will not work either since the HDMI output from the Revue does not carry any analog signals at all. The cable which you linked is only for devices that have a built-in digital to analog converter. This is not something which is incorporated into the Revue. Best recommendation is to upgrade your television to one that natively supports HDMI input.