Quantcast

I am not getting any sound or screen even after I reset the Logitec Revue

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by johnny, Jun 7, 2013.

1. johnny

johnny New Member

Hello, I have tried various things to get my Revue to work. even after unplugging the power, waiting then repluging it, all I get is the Revue logo window then, blank..actually, gray screen on my t.v.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset by pushing (and holding) the button in back for approximately 40 seconds. Also make sure you have good HDMI cables and that they are firmly secured.

3. steve_webbie

steve_webbie New Member

The same thing began happening to my Revue a month ago. I am doing factory resets once a week now. Also, I found unplugging all cables for 5 or 10 minutes will help for a few days.

Seeing no end in sight, I bought a Co-Star. The keyboard is hidden on the back of the remote. I gave up & bought a Bluetooth keyboard. But it's keys are slightly different than the Revue's K-700 keyboard.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Which Bluetooth keyboard are you using with the Co-Star? If you aren't happy with it, you might consider using the Logitech K700 with the Co-Star, all you will need is a Logitech USB unifying receiver and to pair the keyboard and receiver. There are a few of us who prefer a full sized keyboard to the little qwerty keypads that come with all other Google TV models. A good Bluetooth keyboard for the Bluetooth Google TV models is probably the best option but I don't think that exists yet.

5. steve_webbie

steve_webbie New Member

I could not pair the K700 keyboard since I don't have a computer. I also tried a plug & play USB keyboard, also a no go.

Last night I bought a Logitech K600 keyboard. What a godsend. It's bluetooth & android based. (Available at Best Buy & Amazon.)

I still keep the remote nearby for the options & Vizio buttons, I found several shortcut keys do work from the K600: FN & alt is home screen, FN & Del moves back pages, FN & F is for the find a word or phrase, & alt control delete does a soft reboot.

There needs to be a full size Google TV keyboard that will work with all 2nd Generation units, The keyboard that came with the Co-Star is only useful in very short phrases. I actually went back to the Revue until I got my real keyboard last night.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013