Quantcast

i am knikita 1 i have the Sony Bravia 46 Internet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by knikita1, Jun 20, 2011.

1. knikita1

knikita1 New Member

I can not seem to set my Direct TV DVR with my Keypad. I was ok until I upgraded. Also I get a lot of messages that say that app is not available when I am searching on the web, any suggestions? I get it when I try to upload movies or music also.

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

You probably can't set your DVR with your Sony Keypad probably because Sony failed to include the A, B, C, (an D) keys.

And the messages you are getting while using GTV browser about the application not available is because you are doing something on the web that requires a browser plugin that is not supported currently in GTV. Like you can't download anything you can only stream content. Another example is you can't click on an email link in a web page. And yet another example is that you can't open a pdf file directly. And there are numerous more examples. Basically if you see the error that the application is not available well then you can't do that.

3. knikita1

knikita1 New Member

Thankyou for the response I am still confused however as I used the keypad with Direct tv and it worked fine until I upgraded to the DVR. How would I know if I have these keys A B C and D? I am not to computer savy so all the help is very appreciated.Knikita1

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

I suspect that maybe you need to tell Google TV device about your new model DVR in Settings / Picture and Sound. Or you lost your IR line of sight...I say this because I'm not sure if you are able to control just parts of the DVR or none at all. If the answer is none at all then I think you have an IR line of sight with the Google TV device or IR blaster problem. If not then you probably just need to update your set to box settings to reflect the new model.