Quantcast

I am having trouble with tracking ball/curser

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by philipma1957, May 23, 2011.

1. philipma1957

philipma1957 New Member

Okay I got the 46 inch tv today works pretty nicely. When I am surfing the tracking ball is hard to move around. I know it is more of a sensor on the remote . It makes it hard to move the curser around when I am net surfing.

So question 1 any tips for this.

question 2 can a bluetooth mouse be attached.

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey philipma1957, you are going to want to replace the Sony Batteries that came with the TV. The best Batteries are rechargeable 1700mAh>2300mAh. I had the same problem as you then I replaced them with 1700mAh, now I use Energizer 2300mAh 1.2v.

Keep us posted :)

3. philipma1957

philipma1957 New Member

I figured out my error . I need to keep alt pressed with left thumb and track with the right thumb.

I have a lot of nice lithium energizer batteries purchased a while back they last pretty long. Amazon had a sale on them. When the sony batteries die I will try the lithium ones.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  4. galfert

galfert Active Member

I would suggest before you go changing battery types that you look to make sure what you are replacing matches the original batteries voltage.

5. philipma1957

philipma1957 New Member

yes the ones I have are aa as are the sony.

6. galfert

galfert Active Member

You know what I misunderstood your post about Energizer Lithium batteries. I thought you were referring to Lithium Ion batteries. These are totally different things. As you may know battery composition changes the voltage of the battery. It is not recommended to use rechargable batteries in devices that were designed for non-recharagble...because rechargables have different properties. Unfortunately Energizer uses the term Lithium here in a different sense ....they are using it as just a marketing term. Energizer Lithium is not the same thing as Lithium Ion which is what I thought you were referring to.

7. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

One thing I noticed after getting my 46" TV was that pressing harder does NOT make the cursor move better. The lighter the press on the sensor for the mouse the better. I'm using the original batteries and I have no problem getting the mouse to move quickly, smoothly and accurately. I can swipe once and move the mouse all the way across the screen or slow and smooth for fine movements.

It took me a few days to get a good feel for using it but once I got used to it it's fine.

One thing I have noticed is that sweaty thumbs don't work well on the sensor.

Not sure about bluetooth support. I'm hoping it's there cause when the apps come I'll need a good mouse for Angry Birds :)

I also don't know about pressing and holdling ALT. What's that do?

8. philipma1957

philipma1957 New Member

On the sony keyboard under the shift key is the alt key. Keep it pressed with your left thumb track with your right thumb works better your sense of press touch does not need to be as perfect. I am using the oem batteries. I am not sure why anyone mentioned them in this thread.

9. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

Thanks for the tip - I'll give that a shot even though I rarely have issues with accuracy after getting used to the mouse on the mini-keyboard.

10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I had this same problem with the optical mouse when I first got the sony google tv and found the mouse moved when I would press down the function key and use it at the same time. Seems the problem was when I paired my controller with the google tv the first time, I did not hold down the function key and the enter key long enough to pair the controller completely.

After I repaired the controller and held down the function key and enter key and waited until the screen changed to the next one , the mouse works great now without pressing the function key all the time.
    Trallyus

11. philipma1957

philipma1957 New Member

trallyus I will try your way It took me 10 minutes of trying to pair the controller with the tv so I may have done what you did the first time. I will get back to you on this some time tues.

12. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Did re-pairing the remote until that screen disappeared work as Tuesday is gone by for me at least :) Would like to know so if others have the same problem and it worked for you and me , that I can tell them to do the same.