Quantcast

Hung up on step 7 : network not available

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ltmorale, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ltmorale

ltmorale New Member

If this is a common problem i apologize but a quick search did not help.

Finally attempted to install my "revue" today - first time since x-mas i have the house to myself to install this.

I am Hung up on step 7 : " network is unavailable "
    " an error occurred while processing your request "

When i hit the help button it has a red X for Wired - Disconnected
    Wireless - Enabled
    Internet - Connected

Two hours later - still cant get past this.

I know the wireless is working fine because i just set up my google account and the revue automatically loaded some programs which i saw on the screen.

Please help - the logitech website has a lot of people mentioning this during the month of January.

The only outcomes i saw were people sending back their Revues.

2. dirtybird1577

dirtybird1577 New Member

I had same problem last night and was able to fix issue this morning....completed a factory reset of the revue...when revue powers off due to reset uplug from power source. disconnect all cable from revue. I have mine attached to dishnetwork dvr via hdmi...my dish connects to my wifi via powerline adapter (ac adapter that connects to router via ethernet port) UNPLUG set-top box from power (wouldnt mess with any cabling connected to your dvr, sat or cable box) NOW connect your gtv to your set-top via ethernet......so you will have hdmi and ethernet cables connected. power on set-top and let it fully load...check setting to ensure box is connected to internet (if so) power on gtv. During setup of gtv choose wireless setup and connect to your network. do not try and connect a "wired" connection. After gmail sign in look at your ethernet cable and ensure lights are blinking indicating data transfer. (had to pull at mine lightly before i got blinking light) Continue with setup.....IF you still Cannot finish setup then reset box again leaving all prev connection connected. The gtv will power cycle then resume setup...it will not start the setup process from the begining like you did a full reset....Continue with setup - No Problems. Key is ethernet cable connection. GTV has ending ip 02, dish has ending ip 03, both connected to internet independiantly with same dns/gateway - the ethernet in a sense creates a network brindge using ipv6 protocal...LOLOL who cares right...it works enough with the tech blah blah blah...

3. ltmorale

ltmorale New Member

Logitech actually sent me an email stating that their servers were down on Sunday and everything was fixed.
    Continued the Setup on Tuesday and it worked fine.

Note to self: "do not install anything technical on a Sunday"

• Like Like x 2
  4. ticklemeozmo

ticklemeozmo New Member

Same error message this weekend and after 60 mins on the phone, I get disconnected. I HATE Logitech and hope every one of the decision makers dies in a fiery vehicular accident preferably in front of their family. Of course, their servers need to be online before you use the damn device, why would they allow you to use the device as if you owned it. I cannot express the rage I am feeling right now for the asshats at this garbage company.

I would like you to amend your statement, "do not install anything technical FROM LOGITECH on a Sunday."