Quantcast

Human Interface Device for GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by keith.ckt, Jan 7, 2011.

1. keith.ckt

keith.ckt New Member

Dear all,

What do u guys think about the keyboard and cursor control in GTV? Personally i think it is quite a bit of a hassle to navigate the UI using such "ancient" devices. Any of you have personal experiences using it?

Also, i was just thinking...since Android is optimized for touch-screen based smartphones, what advantages are there by porting it for TVs and STBs if the keyboards and mouse are still in the equation????

This will also mean that when the Android Market comes around for GTV, and lots of apps are being developed for GTV, we will not be able to play our favourite Android games like how we used to no? Back to keyboard and mouse for Angry Birds? Hmmmm...

What say you guys?

2. jsifuentes

jsifuentes New Member

I would say a revision to the google TV android remote app sized and UI designed for the new generation of android tablets coming out would be a reasonable solution for better, and more intuitive user interaction.

I myself, use the sony(playstation) inspired remote, and like everything except for the cursor. It catches, but its not nearly as accurate as using a touch screen.

3. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

maybe you just need to make a touch pad (like the tiny one on the revue keyboard) the size of say 7" square. Then you have this giant touch space for typing and general movement. WAY cheaper than a tablet or lcd touchscreen device. I don;t know... maybe....