Quantcast

Hulu Plus?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by acles003, Dec 10, 2011.

1. acles003

acles003 New Member

Is there any possible way to get the .apk to install onto my Logitech Google TV?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can enable side loading by placing a check-mark on GTV Settings > Applications > Unknown sources then using an app like File Expert to copy the file and initiate the installation.

Not all apps will run on Google TV however. There are a couple reasons for that. For example, the app will not run if there's a required resource which is not available on Google TV; like GPS, Touchscreen, or cellular radios. Another is how the developer choose to deploy their app. Google TV cannot use code from the ARM Native Developer Kit (NDK) that most Android Phone and Tablets are compatible in using. This is a processor conflict, since you cannot run ARM binaries on an x86 processor.

That's why the Hulu Plus APK is not currently compatible with Google TV. Otherwise if it was that simple then the Google TV would not have to work with Hulu to bring the experience to Google TV. This was discussed during the Google+ http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-development-discussion/3658-hangout-rishi-chandra.html

• Like Like x 2