Quantcast

Hulu Plus Windows 8 App Hits The Windows Store

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Oct 24, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hulu Plus Windows 8 app hits the Windows Store - Liliputing (click for full article)

"Netflix isn't the only subscription video service with a new Windows 8 app to show off. Rival Hulu Plus has released a Windows 8 app that lets subscribers stream movies, TV shows, web series, and other videos using a native Windows app - no web browser required."

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This is disappointing news to me. GTV has been out for what about 2 years now - and still no Hulu Plus app. So along comes Windows 8 which is brand new and just in the process of launching - and they can manage to already secure a Hulu Plus app.

I'm not saying it's Google's fault - but IMO it's looking more & more like Hulu Plus will never come to GTV. It's all about the licensing issues, Seems as though Google, Hulu, and the content providers cannot negotiate a deal.

This isn't a technical issue - it's an issue of negotiating the necessary licenses. It's kind of baffling that other devices which stream to a TV have managed to secure Hulu Plus apps - such as Roku, Apple TV, etc.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. Esalas666

Esalas666 New Member

The content providers are scared of Google TV.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I sure don't understand why Google TV can't get Hulu Plus and Vudu and nobody from Google or either service has offered an explanation. There must be a reason but I sure can't guess what it could be, the hardware is capable, first and second generation.