Quantcast

Hulu Plus Server Fix Included In Just Released Co-Star v5.3.0 Firmware Update (NEW)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, May 16, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Vizio Co-Star Engineers Of The New v5.3.0 Update Were Contacted Concerning Hulu Plus Access Via The Chrome Web Browers Via the Vizio Co-Star ... Confirmed, The new Just Released v5.3.0 Vizio Co-Star update Does Not Offer Hulu Plus Access Via The Chrome Web Browser .... *The Next Big Thing For The Vizio Co-Star Will Be The JellyBean 4.2.2 Google TV OS Super Update ...

*Netflix Freeze Is Not A Co-Star Issue, But Rather The Netflix App Itself ...

NEW Vizio Co-Star Now Rolling Out v5.3.0 firmware update ....?

-Improve resource management for better long-term operation
    -Balance the system responsibilities to improve performance
    -Add system support to enable additional apps
    -Modify the Network Test Connection function [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

If you have the new v5.3.0 update installed already on your Co-Star, please test the network (Speed Test) ... Let us know how it works now ...

-Modify the Network Test Connection function

3. Whiteicedmstech

Whiteicedmstech New Member

Thank you for the information/update Wisdom.

Still waiting for it to roll out on my end and will check it out (system Update tells me I have the latest firmware 3.2.) But I know how it goes with updates :)

Thank you again,
    Whiteice

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yes, that's correct, your system info will change once you get the new v5.3.0 update installed on your Co-Star ...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

That's interesting. So Hulu Plus now works on the Co-Star through the browser? Has anyone tested this yet?

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This is the first news I have seen about Hulu Plus working with any Google TV model, either through the web browser or the Play Store app. The Play Store app is sill incompatible and if you go to the Hulu site, I just did, you get the message that they are working on Hulu Plus for Google TV. That is the same message I got almost two years ago when i went to the Hulu site with Google TV. I don't know what the Hulu Plus server mentioned here that now works with the new update is but if it is a PC based server to be used with Google TV as client, that has worked for years with Google TV and I didn't know there was an issue with the Co-Star. As long as Hulu blocks the Google TV browser, any fixes to make it work with Hulu Plus are likely temporary. I don't see how the Google TV web browser could be made to work with Hulu Plus and not Hulu based on how their service is set up which means a proper app for Hulu Plus with Google TV must be developed.

So far this thread has started out like the Co-Star optical audio output for DTS thread, we are still waiting for a Co-Star representative to explain how that works.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Thanks dude ...!(l0l):cool: By the way dude, I have no problems play dolby digital 5.1/7.1 audio via my AV receiver via the Co-Star Vudu and all, have fun ...!(lol):cool:

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I don't personally know if Hulu Plus works now on the CO-Star or not ... I'm only repeating what I was told by Co-Star technical support this morning ... If you read above, that's why I asked for someone to test things out so we will all know for sure ... Also I said, Co-Star support was not very clear on the Hulu Plus fix issue ... Pay no attention to ChrisG8, who always wants to take my words out of context .... We will actually find out what works and what does not work in just a matter of time ...

10. ChrisG8

That is funny, not sure what it has to do with Hulu Plus for Google TV, mentioned here or the nonsense Co-Star DTS over optical audio output thread. What Hulu Plus server are you talking about in the thread topic? Is it specific to the Co-Star? Runs on a PC?

Oh, I have been watching Vudu with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and 7.1 for years and recently can do it with the Sony NSZ-GS7 but I would like to know how to watch Hulu Plus on Google TV without using a PC. I have expected a proper Hulu Plus app for sometime but haven't seen anything yet.

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by CatfishRivers [​IMG]
    That's interesting. So Hulu Plus now works on the Co-Star through the browser? Has anyone tested this yet?
    I don't personally know if Hulu Plus works now on the CO-Star or not ... I'm only repeating what I was told by Co-Star technical support this morning ... If you read above, that's why I asked for someone to test things out so we will all know for sure ... Also I said, Co-Star support was not very clear on the Hulu Plus fix issue ... Pay no attention to ChrisG8, who always wants to take my words out of context .... We will actually find out what works and what does not work in just a matter of time ...

12. ChrisG8

Not sure what I have ever taken out of context but what I want to know is what Hulu Plus server are you talking about. I know various PC servers can work to play Hulu Plus with Google TV, PlayOn and TVersity Pro are a couple of examples. If there is going to be a way to play Hulu Plus using Google TV without using a PC as a server, I have not seen anything and would like to know about that.

13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

We will all find out in just a matter of time ...!(l0l):cool: *(Hulu Plus Server Fix), Via The Current Web browser On the Co-Star ... If you have a Hulu Plus account, please test access to your Hulu Plus account via the Co-Star current web browser .... Let us know how the videos are playing, thanks in advance ...!

*Please Note: Support Was Not Very Clear On This Hulu Plus Fix Issue ...

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I believe I have a better understanding of the Hulu Plus Server fix via the Vizio Co-Star using a web brower app such as the Plex Server ... You recall how some people had a problem with logining into Hulu Plus via the Co-Star, well I believe this is what has been fixed, now I could be wrong ... How to watch Hulu Plus on Google TV using Plex by Tyler Cunningham on August 15, 2012 ยท in Software

[​IMG]
    Last week we asked a question that is surely on the minds of many Google TV users: will Hulu Plus ever make it to Google TV? While there is no foreseeable timeframe for when we may see an answer, there is a way you can watch Hulu Plus on your Google TV using only your computer[​IMG] and a $0.99 app in the Google Play store. With the Plex Media Server and the Plex Google TV app, you can watch Hulu Plus on any Google TV device. Continue reading to learn how.
    Plex is a cross-platform media server[​IMG] application that you install on your desktop or laptop computer and access on a variety of devices on your home network. To begin, go to the Plex download page and select your platform (Windows, Mac or Linux). You need to download and install both the Plex Media Center (the interface) and the Plex Media Server (the server) in order to access Hulu Plus on your Google TV.
    [​IMG]
    Once both are installed, make sure the Plex Media Server is running and fire up the Plex Media Center application. From the menu on the left-hand side of the application navigate to Channel Directory. From there, you can easily find Hulu under the Most Popular channels. Simply highlight Hulu, press enter to bring up the available options, and press enter again to install. Once Hulu is installed, you will find it under the Video Channels option in the main menu.
    [​IMG]
    When you open the Hulu channel you will see a variety of options. Visit "preferences" and enter your Hulu email[​IMG] address and password so you will have access to your Hulu Plus subscription. The final step is to visit the Google Play store on your Google TV and purchase the Plex application. It isn't free, but for only 99 cents it's a bargain for the ability to watch Hulu Plus on Google TV.
    [​IMG]
    When you fire up the Plex app[​IMG] you are greeted to the settings page. Before you connect to your media server and launch Hulu I highly recommend you go to the bottom of the settings and change the Remote Plex Media Server video quality setting. The higher you can set this, the better quality the picture will be. Once you've set your video quality, the final step is to launch the Hulu channel and start watching! (note: if you cannot see your media server listed in the app settings, make sure that both your computer and Google TV are connected to the same network).
    Obviously a dedicated Hulu Plus app would be a lot more convenient for users. However, if you're itching to watch Hulu Plus on your Google TV this is by far the easiest and least expensive method I have come across. Also, stay tuned for a video version of this walkthrough.

15. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

Hey Wisdom...

I just got off the phone with Co-Star support and oddly enough also got the same rep Jay. I asked him if it was true that Hulu plus was added and he said that it wasn't added as a fix in this update but to keep checking the play store and my browser to see when Hulu becomes available. Maybe you misunderstood his comments??

16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm getting together with Jay again right now ... Jay has gone for rest of today, but I will be getting back with him tomorrow morning, because he volunteered this Hulu Plus Server info ... Also I hope we are talking about the same person too, that's why I gave the badge number in post # 1 ...

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG] What are your thoughts on the new v5.3.0 Vizio Co-Star Update ....?

18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Vizio Co-Star Engineers Of The New v5.3.0 Update Were Contacted Concerning Hulu Plus Access Via The Chrome Web Browers Via the Vizio Co-Star ... Confirmed, The new Just Released v5.3.0 Vizio Co-Star update Does Not Offer Hulu Plus Access Via The Chrome Web Browser .... *The Next Big Thing For The Vizio Co-Star Will Be The JellyBean 4.2.2 Google TV OS Super Update ...

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  19. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The Next Big Thing (Jellybean 4.2.2 Google TV OS Super Upscale Update Upgrade) For The Vizio Co-Star, Could Come Sooner Than We Think ...

20. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Lmao

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2