Quantcast

Hulu Plus on Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by PhatboyC, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

Now that Hulu Plus is coming to Roku and TIVO, its probably just a matter of time before we see it announced on Google TV. Netflix seems great but for same day air episodes Hulu seems like the best solution. Then again with Google saying some providers website are upgrading the look to work with Google TV might be easier and cheaper just to browse to them with Chrome.

2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

I've yet to use Hulu Plus but Netflix is a MUST.

3. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

An intergration with Google TV is the only way I would think about subscribing to Hulu Plus. It just doesn't make since use with my current lifestyle.

4. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

At the event yesterday Logitech's Junien Labrousse said while Hulu is now actually blocking the box, Google and Hulu are currently in talks about bringing the service to Google TV.

It's always good to have choices. From the looks of things we'll have plenty.

5. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Hmm... I wonder if you could spoof the user agent in the browser. It is a full version of Chrome and essentially edit the string and it should work. Assuming that the string can be modified easily.

6. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

I can spoof the string on my Android phone so I'd say it will be done easily. Another option is the DLNA server. You should be able to run Hulu and Hulu plus through any DLNA server.

7. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I do the same on my Droid which is why it shouldn't be any harder on the Revue. Now DLNA? The Revue has DLNA? REALLY!? I must have missed that bullet point when reading the feature list.

EDIT: Not being a wise ass about the DLNA part, I just can't find anywhere that says it has it.

8. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

Yes Logitech has their app on the Google TV that has DLNA support.

I have a bigger problem than you guys. I'm from Canada so I need to go through a proxy server from the US to get Hulu access. More $$$.

9. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

Per Engadget;

" Beyond just the mobile apps, Logitech also showed off its own Media Player app that pulls in video from connected hard drives or DLNA sources."

Logitech Revue with Google TV details: $299; free iOS, Android apps, accessories are extra -- Engadget

Also From Engadget's Press Conference Coverage;

"3:32PM The search function indexes DLNA sources and connected hard drives as well, which is pretty great -- you can get to any content on your network if it works as promised.

3:32PM The Media Player app works with any DLNA server to stream content to the Revue. He's streaming some music, and demoing the Harmony integration by adjusting the volume after the search."

Live from the Logitech Google TV event! -- Engadget

• Like Like x 2
  10. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

This just made my day. DLNA player AND it reads for externals HDs as well!? Holy Crap! I have a nice tidy 12 Terabytes of external storage just waiting for this to be delivered! YEEHAA! You made my day!

11. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

Netflix is nice. I wish the streaming movies were in 5.1, the sound is very disappointing.