Quantcast

Hulu Beta for GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by xlightwaverx, Apr 23, 2012.

1. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.162 Safari/535.19

Hulu Beta: http://download.hulu.com/huludesktop.swf

$Hulu.jpg

Hopefully when Logitech gets done doing their 3.2 Beta testing, we can have a more stable Hulu Experience on GTV. Seems to be giving out ERROR #65 once in a while, and after some research that error seems to be wrapped around the current Flash Version.

Let me know if you can find any workarounds.

X

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

That URL for the Hulu workaround has been posted on this forum a long time ago. The problem is that after approx. 10 minutes Hulu shuts off. However I have not tried it yet using the custom user agent that you posted. Are you saying that if I use the custom user agent from your post that Hulu will not shut off after 10 minutes?

And just to be clear - Yes it's called Hulu beta - but that's because this was designed years ago at the beginning of Hulu when it was new. There has been no concrete indication that Hulu is working on any kind of new "Beta" to officially support GTV.

If there ever is a Hulu app for GTV it will be the Hulu Plus paid app. And Hulu posted a message on their site a year and a half ago that they were "working hard" to bring Hulu Plus to GTV - so I'm not holding my breath for that either.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

OH, I had no clue. I try to stay updated on what is going on here but I must have missed that one. I found it in a YouTube video so I figured I would share, sorry if it is old information. I even did a local site search for the download link and no results were shown so I assumed it was new information.

No, it does seem to quit after about 10 minutes but with error #65 and after researching the hulu support forums it seems to deal with a linux error/old flash combination. Oddly, I still get the same error on my PC running Win7... :(

So, I am not sure if the linux/flash issues deal with android/google chrome's flash issues. This should be remedied once the 3.2 Revue Beta is finalized.

That user agent is just the agent I try to use when accessing restricted content. Seems everything is restricted on the Revue.

X

Sent from my Revue using Tapatalk 2

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The 3.2 update will not make this Hulu Beta remnant (from over 3 years ago) work properly with the Revue. It will still shut off after approx. 10 minutes. Sorry.

And besides - if Hulu ever got wind that there was a decent "loophole" for GTV users to access Hulu - they would act to block it.

Note: I tried it yesterday and timed it with my watch. I got the "validation error" after approx. 8 minutes.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012