Quantcast

HULU and Sony Google TV

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by paulcr, May 18, 2011.

1. paulcr

paulcr New Member

Any word when HULUPlus will be available on the Sony Google TV?:confused:

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey paulcr, more than likely when we get 3.1 Honeycomb with the Android market where going to see lots of cool new things. :)

3. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

I'd say Lucas is right on with that one. I'm looking very forward to seeing what comes down the pike once the Marketplace is opened up.

I'm still really pissed that Hulu (and others) are blocking Google TV as if it's some sort of evil thing. It's just a computer running a custom OS that happens to be integrated INTO my TV instead of my laptop running Windows 7 hooked up to it via HDMI. I won't pay a fee to Hulu for content that they offer for free to other virtually identical hardware configurations.

4. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I sent a few emails to Hulu about this foolishness and have gotten no response, I too am looking forward to the day they wake up.!

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google could solve this issue once and for all without the help of Hulu. All Google needs to do is give Google TV a full desktop version of the Chrome browser - and then Hulu wouldn't be able to distinguish us from other desktop and tablet users that have chrome. The only option Hulu would then have would be to block the entire computer market using chrome (this would be a drastic measure and doubtful they would go that far).

6. alan93

alan93 Member

Hey that's an idea! Why don't we let them know how bad we want it to they can sit around in their meetings and say "people really want us, hmm, ya know, I think we can sell hulu plus for an $8 a month subscription on GTV".

Let me guess, when you go to buy a car, you tell the salesman that you really really like that car and its the one you really want right before you ask for a better price?

7. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

You can stream Hulu from your PC to your GTV using PlayOn. It requires a subscription fee, but if you want a working solution...

8. alan93

alan93 Member

You can also stream the regular website from your laptop using HDMI.
    If you don't have an HDMI , some Dells (maybe others) have a display out that can be converted to HDMI with a $10 adapter.
    My laptop doesn't have it but I'm in no hurry, don't need Hulu that bad, let alone, Hulu Plus subscription which I will probably NEVER get.

9. daddypants

daddypants New Member

If only google would buy Hulu, or make google video more google tv friendly...

10. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

When I said I sent emails to Hulu, it was because I was a PAYING customer and was asking them how they can justify blocking ME a PAYING customer from accessing content that I PAY for on a monthly basis based on a restriction that holds no weight and serves no purposes other than greed for a lic. fee of some sort.

I was not saying how much I want Hulu, but merely that I should get what I PAY for as any PAYING customer should..

I really need to login more often to see what half ass responses are posted.. Lol and I actually I don't own a car as I don't see the need for it. So I don't understand your point..

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  11. adamrodtoby

adamrodtoby New Member

Any word when HULUPlus will be available on the Sony Google TV?:confused:

12. jerseyfirefighter

jerseyfirefighter New Member

If google were to buy hulu, all of its content would be pulled via its distributors. Right nowa hulu makes production companies money, if google owned hulu, they know exactly what they plan to do with it. So im sure they would pull out way ahead of time.

13. moi

moi New Member

How do you connect a laptop via HDMI? I tried and Sony Google TV forces you do add a device none of which is HDMI on a computer. ?

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You just plug it into one of the inputs, press INPUT on the remote and select the appropriate respective input.

Sounds like you're trying to set up the device's IR profile by trying to configure it at GTV Settings > Video Input > Edit Configured Devices. That's not going to work, unless your device has an IR Sensor and can accept IR signals to drive the commands.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  15. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Just plug the HDMI into the GTV and your laptop should send your screen to the TV...you might need to right click on your laptops desktop and click on Graphic Properties there you can set how the laptop displays on your TV...:)

• Like Like x 2
  16. credo

credo New Member

I needed a Blu-Ray player, so I just bought a Sony BR player wifi w/ HuluPlus (and much more stuff). The BR player actually adds a lot to my GTV experience.

17. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

So, just to be clear you the Blu-Ray player you're referring to is NOT the NSZ-GT1 with Google TV. Because Hulu Plus is still unavailable for Google TV.

18. credo

credo New Member

Correct. I have a Sony NSX-40GT1, the all in one Sony GTV. I then bought a Sony BR player /wifi and connected it to the TV w/ HDMI. The BR player has pre-installed apps, such as Hulu, Amazon, & Vulu.

Sent from my ADR6300

19. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Gotcha, I currently have a Roku 2 XS which I'm using for HuluPlus access. It is probably overkill since I also have PlayOn and Tversity Pro running on a PC. lol

20. kenyob

kenyob New Member

I hate you all Sony, Google and Hulu.
    It is for the fact that you still cannot install the Hulu Plus app on the 32" Sony Google TV that I am now recommending Samsung Smart TVs to my friends.
    It is absurd that Hulu Plus can be installed on other SONY devices like Bluray players but cannot be installed on Sony/Google branded products.

Workarounds like Tversity and Playon and hooking up a Roku are redundant.

Please fix this now.