Quantcast

HTTPS videos wont stream/play

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by magearden, Aug 18, 2014.

1. magearden

magearden New Member

So a few week backs I ran into an issue when trying to stream videos from this site KissAnime Mobile - Watch high quality anime on mobile phone it seems that all videos with HTTPS in their links don't play. Admin (from KissAnime FB Page) said that MX Player would be a workaround for anyone having this problem but I tried sideloading an MX Player apk onto my Sony NSZGS7 but it refused to open (eg. Isn't compatible) are there any alternatives that might work. I only want to stream not download. Any workaround that may help would be appreciated. Bought this player for the sole purpose to stream from that site on my TV. Now it's just sitting there doing nothing :( was able to play videos before they switched to video links with HTTPS in them.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

When I clicked on your link I got a message that the web site was only for hand-held devices - and it re-directed me to the full web site here:

KissAnime - Watch anime online in high quality

On the full web site I tried some of the videos and they all worked with the Chrome browser on my Logitech Revue. (I watched the Flash versions. I also tried the HTML5 versions but those didn't work with my Revue).

3. magearden

magearden New Member

The flash videos on the (full) website work fine but it's difficult to navigate with Chrome on my Sony NSZGS7 the full website is also full of ads and the web page often crashes chrome on my Sony NSZGS7 so I opted to use the mobile site instead (never once received that message on my device and I'm able to access the mobile site easily) well I'm not sure how to proceed I prompted to post a link to the video/s giving me issues but all I get is a error when I try to post it here :/

4. magearden

magearden New Member

Found a workaround solution, although somewhat complicated, it worked for me. Thanks to those that tried to assist me. For those with the same problem I suggest downloading ViMu Media Player for Google TV. Simply Copy the URL (CTRL-C) of the video and paste (CTRL-V) it in "open HTTP stream URL" within the ViMu Media Player App, and select "stream seek-able file or hls" :)

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Nice find, ViMu is a good media player app and worth the price for the paid version.