Quantcast

HTC Thunderbolt and Logitech Revue DLNA

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by mike85k, Aug 3, 2011.

1. mike85k

mike85k New Member

Hi, I just purchased a Revue, and so far I really like it. One of the reasons I wanted it was to be able to send media from my phone, HTC Thunderbolt, which is DLNA certified, easily to the TV. I thought the Revue would be able to do this being that it is supposed to support DLNA as well. The Revue, just says no sources found, and the Thunderbolt wont find the revue either. I have no problems using DLNA between the phone and 2 windows 7 laptops, so its not a network issue.

I have tried software such as twonky and ishare, they sort of work, but only in a pull capacity, IE they won't allow me to send media from my phone, but let the Revue browse and then play the media, and these are just not nearly as streamlined and refined and the built in DLNA capabilities.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Are there more settings somewhere I am missing?

2. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Had it working with my Nexus One and a number of different apps.

On the Revue I've had the stock Media player, and Skifta both able to find my Nexus.

On the Nexus I've had Twonky, Plug Player, and Skifta able to be found by the Revue.

The Review takes a while to find the device though...

3. dothackmatt

dothackmatt New Member

First off, I'm using the Sony NSZ-GT1 Internet TV Player so I can't verify what does and doesn't work with the Revue, but I thought I would suggest what has worked for me. I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and the stock DLNA Media Server does work, but I prefer the iMediaShare app that can be found for free on the Android Market. It streams music, video and photo files with no problem and also has other streaming video accessible from the app such as Revision3, CNET, etc. I hope this helps, good luck!