Quantcast

HPH Android TV Box (RK3288 chip) 4GB Ram, With HDMI IN & Out

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 30, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I saw this Android TV box on another forum and it looked interesting for several reasons. It runs the latest Rockchip RK3288 quad-core chip, has HDMI IN and 4GB of RAM. (There is also a 2GB RAM version available).

This box comes with the android KitKat OS. This is one of the numerous android TV boxes from China - and I profess to know little about it. I have no idea how well it will actually work. I'm posting for informational purposes only - I suggest if you're interested in this device do your own thorough research.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?13830-HPH-Android-TV-BOX-of-RK3288-64gb-4gb-ram-200

*Hardware Specifications:
    CPU Processor: RK3288 28nm Cortex-A17 Quad-Core Processor
    Graphics Processor: Embedded Quad-Core Mali-T764 3D GPU, support OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL1.1 and Renderscript, Directx11, 2D GPU support 8Kx8K input, 4Kx4K output
    System Memory: LPDDR2 2GB (4G optional)
    Storage capacity: 8GB Flash (16B/32GB/64GB optional)
    Network: Wireless: Support Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz 802.11 b / g / n & 802.11 a / c, cable: Support 100M/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Base-T standard.
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
    Storage Expansion: Support MicroSD (TF) card, up to 32GB
    Power supply: DC 5V/2A
    Operating System: Android 4.4
    External Interface
    HDMI output: 1xHDMI A-type female, HDMI2.0, support 4K × 2K decoder outputs
    HDMI input: 1xHDMI A-type female, maximum support 1080P (60HZ) Input
    USB Interface: 3XUSB Host, 1XOTG (Micro USB)
    Fiber Interface: 1xSPDIF digital audio output
    Reader: 1xTF deck
    AV and analog audio output interface: 1x3.5mm headset seat
    Network Interface: 1xRJ45
    Power Interface: 1xDC socket
    Antenna: External antenna Wi-Fi
    Camera: 5,000,000 AF (optional)
    MIC: no noise no echo silicon microphones
    Audio Video
    Audio formats: support for MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A, 3GPP and other audio formats, a variety of EQ mode, support synchronous lyrics display lyrics and the whole page
    Audio Output: HDMI audio output, left and right channel analog audio output
    Video decoding formats: Full video format decoding, support for H.265 hardware decode, support SMPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC
    Video encoding formats: H.264, H.265, VP8, MVC (1080P)
    Video Output: HDMI output: Ultra HD maximum support 4Kx2K (3840 * 2160), AV Output: PAL system and NTSC system
    H.264, H.265 Frame rate: up to 60fps
    Picture format: JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, JFIF formats picture browsing, support maximum resolution of 8176 * 8176
    EBook Reader: Supports e-book formats TXT, LRC, PDF, Html, Htm, EPUB, etc.
    Software expansion: Support Google market, support APK installation

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Interesting that so many comments from that site linked mention the fact the previous "Android TV" boxes (no name Chinese Android mini-PCs) have been unusable. I like how this one looks on paper, the first one that interests me. I consider the chances it will actually operate acceptably slim but I am going to pay attention just in case it turns out to be the first of its type that is usable.

3. odrewjr

odrewjr New Member

I received this sample from the factory yesterday. The tv box is constructed well, hard plastic or metal, metal I believe. It run cool with no reboots. Very fast and responsive. Downloads apps from sd card in less than 10 sec. And from app market in 20 to 30 sec. Runs xbmc great with no sound issues. All apps that I have tried work correctly. Romote works well with general applications but keyboard and mouse is much better. The android launcher is good. But the tv launcher is not in english and is difficult to understand. The Hdmi in works great and the video thru the box to my 1080p tv appears to be enhanced. Have not run antutu benchmark for scores yet. I hope this short review helps those that are interested.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is encouraging. Please let us know more when you have time to play with it more.

5. odrewjr

odrewjr New Member

I completed the antutu beachmark test with a score of 31,382. Amazing

6. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

It's not about specs but content.