Quantcast

How Xbox One Opens The Door For The Next Apple TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 24, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

How Xbox One opens the door for the next Apple TV | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews (click for full article)

by Scott Stein - May 24, 2013

"Imagine this.

It's 2014. Apple has gathered everyone together for a special event. As Tim Cook presents, he says, "Today we're introducing three revolutionary new products. The first one is a cable box. The second one is a revolutionary streaming-media device. The third is a new way to play games on your TV. So, three things: a cable box, a streaming box, and a game console. Are you getting it? These are not three separate devices. This is one device. And we're calling it iTV."

The next Apple TV, that long-fabled product, doesn't exist yet. But it could. And it should. And it's not too late, not by a long shot. In fact, the future-of-TV transformation has yet to be settled, or even determined. It's a mess right now. The door is open. Apple can seize the moment."

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement:

In terms of the market, it is a mess with dozens of different boxes competing and failing to do anything. It may be Apple will have the winning product next year but I doubt it.

3. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

I agree. No one seems to be able to deal with the content providers in a way that yields something that is overwhelmingly superior to the current mess. I am not optimistic.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Kind of makes me think that currently the best overall solution is just connecting a computer to the TV. I have a feeling that Microsoft is going to try and "influence" content providers to use Silverlight.