Quantcast

How To Visit Youtube.com, not the GTV Youtube app

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Random, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Random

Random New Member

With Revue, how do I visit youtube.com (the actual site), not from the youtube app. <br><br>Every time I visit Youtube.com from Chrome, it opens up youtube with it crappy youtube app. <br><br>Is there a way to visit youtube.com actual site and not through the youtube app?<br><br>Thanks in advance.

2. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

You have to remove the stored preferences. Try deleting data from the YouTube app...

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I just did a test of this on my Revue.

First I switched over to the YouTube Leanback version.

Next I went to my settings and removed all data from my YouTube app. That didn't work as I was always still directed to YouTube Leanback.

The simplest solution for me was to type: youtube.com/web into the 'go to bar'. Doing that took me to the regular web version of YouTube.

----------------------------

UPDATE: Upon further testing I found that using youtube.com/home works better than youtube.com/web

This is because even though youtube.com/web will get me to the regular web version - it goes to a YouTube page that says: "this channel is no longer available because the user closed their account."

Youtube.com/home goes directly to my normal web based YouTube home page.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CatfishRivers

What I just did with mine so that I wouldn't have to type youtube/home all the time - was I bookmarked my regular web youtube/home page.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Random

Random New Member

Thanks for replying. I bookmarked youtube.com/home and it works perfectly. The only problem now is, when I do a google search for videos and there is a youtube video among the results...I click on the video, and it takes me back to leanback.

I wish there was a way to either delete the app altogether or disable it completely. Am I the only one who finds leanback annoying?

It really a small anoyyance. GTV Rocks and its one of the best tech products I have used, but leanback blows.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  6. CatfishRivers

Yes I don't care for the Leanback version either. I don't like the way it automatically plays videos in the highest HD format (because I don't have a fast enough internet for HD).

There used to be a way to set the regular web version of YouTube as the default version - however it seems that option was removed with this new version of Leanback. Hopefully they will bring that functionality back in the future.

All I can suggest for now is that you do your YouTube video searches separately (search YouTube from your YouTube home page). I'll try testing it some more later to see if I can figure out a way to set the web version of YouTube as the default version.

7. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

Someone found a solution to get the old YouTube again and skip Leanback. I can't post links yet, but it's in the General section. Post #64 in the "Honeycomb Where Are You" thread.

• Like Like x 2