Quantcast

How to use feature on YouTube using NSZ-GS7?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by dreamwalk33, Dec 23, 2012.

1. dreamwalk33

dreamwalk33 New Member

I just purchased this Media Player couple of days ago, and have a few questions from experts out there.
    1) I have updated the YouTube SW, but still having difficulty! Does anyone know how to generate "Playlist" and "Favorite" in "Mytube profile" shown on the left of menu? Both show up empty and whatever I have tried didn't work! Also, is there a way to clear videos in the "History" one at a time or all together?
    2) Does anyone know how to linkup "iPhone" to YouTube? I have uploaded "Media Player" app. but it only allows iPhone to act as a remote! I would like to transsfer and see iTune and pictures.
    Thanks in advance!

2. LES017

LES017 New Member

I'm not an iPhone user, so no help on question 2.
    As for question 1, the YouTube app is a player, not a manager. All of your play list and history functions should be performed via the YouTube website.

3. dreamwalk33

dreamwalk33 New Member

Thanks a bunch LES017! It was very helpful. I am now all set and ready to rock:)

4. dreamwalk33

dreamwalk33 New Member

LES017 or others:
    Do you know how I will be able to hook-up/sync my laptop to this Sony box via WiFi? I have gone thru the manual, menu, and online help but unsuccessful! Thanks.

5. pawdog

pawdog New Member

Sorry, don't understand what You are trying to do.

6. dreamwalk33

dreamwalk33 New Member

Hi Pawdog!
    I am trying to find a way in order for this sony network media to recognize my laptop so I will be able to project my laptop screen on my TV and use the TV screen as a monitor. Thanks!

7. LES017

LES017 New Member

There's no pure mirroring function as far as I know. But you could install a DLNA server such as Plex or TVMobili on your computer and use that to stream your audio, video and picture files to your GTV.

8. dreamwalk33

dreamwalk33 New Member

Question:
    Using this Sony Google TV, I have noticed problem with streaming some videos from YouTube. I have upgraded my Internet connection to 12 Mbps, but still having problem in getting consistent streaming (e.g. sounds cuts in and out) with some older videos! Does anyone know whether it is related to some videos on YouTube, or do I need higher bandwidth? Tnx!