Quantcast

How to sycn Revue to PC

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by accordse, Dec 5, 2011.

1. accordse

accordse New Member

I tried searching for this topic but I couldn't really get an answer.

I read online that you can sync the Revue to PC but I can't figure out how. Can someone please tell me how to do that? I apologize ahead of time if this topic has already been discussed.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that you may have misread that or are suffering from a bad recollection. That might explain why you're unable to find the answer, since the Logitech Revue does not have this capability. However, the other Google TV devices with Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) have an ability to use the same bookmarks that you use in Chrome on your PC by utilizing the Chrome Sync service.

3. accordse

accordse New Member

Thanks for the response. I was just reading some reviews before I purchased and I could've sworn I read a review that you were able to stream movies on your PC to the Revue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Ahh, that part is true but it is not something one considers "syncing". Syncing is the act of merging the content from separate sources. Whereas, streaming is the act of consuming content from a remote source. You can use the Logitech Media Player app from the Logitech Revue to stream your movies from your PC with a DLNA server like Twonky, TVersity or even Microsoft Windows Media Player Sharing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. accordse

accordse New Member

Ah my fault. Thanks for the info!

:edit:

Is there a thread on how to do this though?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. There are a plethora of threads scattered on the forum in regarding DLNA streaming. So, searching "DLNA" is enough to find a gaggle of hits. The premise is pretty simple though: 1) install application 2) update catalog with files to share 3) use the Revue to stream content.

7. drweb

drweb New Member

I could be wrong, but I think you are talking about Logitech Media Player. You can view photos, videos, listen to music from your PC via the Revue. It's one of the choices on the HOME screen at Applications. You can find out more hopefully online. It needs to scan your PC to find that content, and then can stream or play it via the Revue. Hope this helps!

Best,
    DrWeb