Quantcast

How to setup true 5.1 audio for Co-Star streaming apps?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by revue5, Mar 31, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

edit page ...

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

At First You Said None Of This Would Work On The Co-Star, Now You Are Jumping On The Bandwagon ...:cool:

[​IMG]

That's one the reason I purchased this AV receiver "Sony STR-DH520 7.1 Ch", because it has HDMI Pass-Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature conveniently allows you to access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver . I knew about page 20 in the Co-Star owners manual, but because I did not mention, you want to make me look like the bad guy ... I know a lot more I have not mention ...!(l0l)

Revue one thing I do is read the owners manual for every electronic product I own ...! It's like you are more interested in demeaning, defaming and assassinating my character, but we all know why, it's plain to see dude ...

Revue5, all you are doing is talking theory, you have not presented any facts, that you have test yourself, .... At first you, ChrisG8 and a lot of others said none of this would work, now you are jumping on the bandwagon, their is plenty of room on the bandwagon for everybody, have fun ... !Still I want to see your test, none so far to be found ...!(l0l):cool:

4. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Wisdom, you are talking theory yourself since you have never even had an audio receiver hooked up yet so you have not presented any facts, that you have tested yourself.
    What was in question was your ridiculous post stating that you needed HDMI 1.4 cables hooked up along with an optical cable and somehow you would get DTS out of the Co-Star. Somehow ARC figured in to it according to you which makes absolutely no sense. Amuzeme provided the actual test and facts to prove Vudu will do 5.1 DD on the Co-Star when hooked up with an HDMI cable. Please stop posting bogus facts without proof.
    Chris G8 asked you to post proof of your ridiculous connection theory yet still I want to see your test, none so far to be found ...!(l0l):cool:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

After all this, you still don't know the difference between page (19) and page (20) in the co-star manual?? or the difference between Figure (6) or Figure (5) ??

Congrats! on your new AVR, That's what this thread is for. Have a look here.

So, what that has to do with page (19) your Favorite setup? this feature is only useful (as energy saving) for page (20) setup,however you'll still have to keep the co-star "On" or the Cable/DVR box signal won't make it to the TV ( AVR "On" or not).

Were these tests "talking theory"? or not facts? i guess if i didn't post them, you 'd still been digging that hole.

After all this, you still don't know the difference between page (19) and page (20) in the co-star manual?? or the difference between Figure (6) or Figure (5) ??

& do me a favor, don't copy (add incorrect links to) my posts & past the text into your post w/o proper forum quotations (to avoid confusion) ;)

Enjoy your new sound :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah Right, you have not done any hands on tested nothing ....(lol):cool:

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

How to test the new Vudu & Amazon Apps Surround Sound (7.1/5.1DD+ & 5.1DD) on your Vizio Co-Star set-top box with Google TV 3 update? .... (originally posted by revue5)

Assuming your setup as in Figure (7) or Figure (8)

Also, (for Vudu app) you have an AV Receiver capable of decoding Dolby Digital Plus (DD+).

Note: if Netflix app on your Co-star produces true 5.1 surround sound (& your AV Receiver displays "3/2/0.1 Dolby+" or "Dolby Digital+") then Vudu app should do the same.

Vudu app test :
    ---------------------
    You don't have to have a Vudu account to test this, btw.
    Just launch Vudu app, Select [browse] and stream 2 Min Preview.

Try the following 3 titles from Vudu app:
    1. "Pirates of the Caribbean": On Strange Tides
    Select [browse] > search for the title "The Hobbit" > select 2 Min Preview > select HDX > try it.

* This title is encoded in 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (7.1DD+).
    * Your AV Receiver should display > "4/3/0.1 Dolby+" or "3/2/0.1 Dolby+" or "Dolby Digital+" (where "+" indicates "Plus").

2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    Select [browse] > search for the title "The Hobbit" > select 2 Min Preview > select HDX > try it.

* This title is encoded in 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus (5.1DD+).
    * Your AV Receiver should display "3/2/0.1 Dolby+" or "Dolby Digital+" (where "+" indicates "Plus").

3. "Punsher: War Zone",
    Select [browse] > search for the title "Punsher" > select 2 Min Preview > select HDX > try it.

* This title is encoded in 5.1 Dolby Digital (5.1DD).
    * Your AV Receiver should display "3/2/0.1 Dolby" or "Dolby Digital" (no "+"indicates legacy).

Amazon app test:
    ------------------------
    Try the following titles from Amazon app:
    "Into the Wild" title:
    Launch Amazon app > search for the title "Into the Wild" > select [Watch trailer]

Note: this title is encoded in 5.1 Dolby Digital (5.1DD).
    * Your AV Receiver should display "3/2/0.1 Dolby" or "Dolby Digital" (no "+"indicates legacy).

;)

----------------------------------------------

See this link for instructions on,

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah Right, you have not done any hands on Co-Star testing, none and I can tell that too ....(lol):cool:

9. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Thanks for actually trying to gather and post factual info, revue5, instead of posting bogus info to make yourself seem important.

• Like Like x 2