Quantcast

How to Setup Revue with Directv?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by wandmn2007, Oct 26, 2012.

1. wandmn2007

wandmn2007 New Member

I just got a Revue, and when I am trying to set it up I am running into issues. First, my Directv box has no HDMI port, so I thought I was just supposed to hook it up to the TV, but that doesn't seem to be working as nothing comes up on my screen when I turn on the Revue. I don't get the setup menu, or any indication that the Revue is doing anything. It just stays on Directv channel I was watching. Am I able to use it without having the Directv hooked to HDMI? Is there another cord I am supposed to have to convert, or am I just missing a step somewhere. Thanks!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

You'll need to have a cable/satellite box with an HDMI port for the full GTV integration. However you can still use your Revue without the Direct TV box integration. Make sure that your HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI Out port of your Revue and to the HDMI IN port of your TV. Here's a link to an article with a basic explanation:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/can-google-tv-hook-up-directly-cable-33698.html

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. wandmn2007

wandmn2007 New Member

Thank you so much! Once I put the HDMI to my TV, all I had to do was change the input and it started right up for me. If it wasn't for you I would have just wasted all that money!