Quantcast

How to search for content from your cable providers VOD?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by googlegoogle, Nov 23, 2011.

1. googlegoogle

googlegoogle New Member

Hey everyone very new to Google TV. I own the Sony NSZ-GT1 and like a lot about it so far. Question: When I search for a movie or show, say "Boardwalk Empire", I'll get results for upcoming episodes and results for HBO Go as well but no results for my Video on Demand channels. the problem is that in some cases the VOD may be more up to date. Also say I was searching for a movie, if it's on one of my VOD channels then the movie would be free rather then paying $2 for it on amazon.com. Dose anyone know a walk around to this or a way I could make Google TV include my VOD channels content to the search? I have RCN cable by the way with all premium channels

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are the respective VOD channels enabled in the your GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Edit Channel List? Also, check the Channel Guide Listing for AolTV or i.TV because some VoD channels aren't properly listed in the guide. i.TV is the source of for the Live TV content for both Search and TV & Movies app.

3. googlegoogle

googlegoogle New Member

Thank you for your response. I am using RCN cable. and you are right I don't see the VOD channel listed on i.TV . guess i'm gonna have to wait till they update it. I went into my GTV settings and VOD is the 1st channel checked but guess it's a i.TV thing. doesn't make much sense to me tho. it should search the cable box 1st

Update: OK I went back and the main VOD channel is listed. Now I'm really confused

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011