Quantcast

How to remove Twitter Login banners from Home Screen on Sony device?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Wilderd, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Wilderd

Wilderd New Member

My Sony Google TV device (NSZ-GS8) displays four Twitter Login banners across my Home page. I do not use twitter and do not want to set up an account. I have tried every way I can think to remove them. I have force stopped Twitter and deleted all it's content, but the banners are still there. Very annoying. Please help! Thanks.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Is the Twitter app located on your home screen? If so go to settings ---> customize home items ---> and then remove Twitter by long-pressing the Twitter icon. A menu comes up giving you the option to remove Twitter from the home screen. Also try going to settings ---> Home & All Apps settings --->show/hide applications---> and uncheck Twitter so it doesn't show up in your all-apps section.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  3. Wilderd

Wilderd New Member

Hi CatfishRivers,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the Twitter login banners were on the home screen. Unfortunately, none of the setting options you mentioned were available selections on my particular device. I tried EVERYTHING to make those banners disappear. Finally, I did a factory reset and the problem seems to have gone away for now. Probably not the place to say it, but I'm very disappointed with the sony Google TV.

Thanks again for your help,