Quantcast

How to manipulate sound when using Pic in Pic format?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by boostm3, Nov 27, 2011.

1. boostm3

boostm3 New Member

Im using my av receiver to deliver the sound for all home theater sources. Lets say Im playing music from my music library, and have a tv channel opened in the minor window in the Pic in Pic setup. I cant seem to get the focus to change such that im hearing sound from just one of the two sources.. Instead, i hear the music from the music source AND the sound from the tv in the small pic window. Muting mutes the receiver which mutes both sources.

Is there a way to hear the sound from just one of the 2 items using the picture in picture space?

While we're talking about pic in pic, how bout the ability to swap big pic and small pic?

Lastly, when watching tv, is there any way to perform the function of 'last channel' which our cable remotes usually call 'Last' or 'Recall'?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

I'll try to answer some of it. As far as I know, whatever you're playing through the revue soundwise is going to play, maybe if you can just mute the TV only then you can silence that. But otherwise it's all or nothing.
    The "picture in picture" is not really that. It's actually just giving you a live preview pic of your tv so you can do other things like web surfing while you watch tv. There's no "swapping". And I think there is a "last channel" workaround though I'm not familiar with it.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Very good response, surprisinguy. There is very little that one can do in this regards. It is an all or nothing affair when controlling the audio. There is an app on the Android Market called, "Equalizer", that says it can affect the audio of the independent programs. However, it isn't a free app so I haven't tried it. Honestly, I'm afraid to since Google lowered their uninstall policy from 24 hours to 15 minutes for app purchases. I just don't want to be put into a situation where I have to yell at some smuck at a call center during the holiday season.

4. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

Thanks,
    I must say you certainly do know your stuff with this product and Android devices in general. This is the 1st android device I've owned and it's ok for what it does but not as capable as it could be.
    I think as time goes on and we can get the update that's promised, I might be able to help people a little more. I learn a lot from you though. Keep up the good support!

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome and thank you right backatcha. Always glad to help and share my experiences with anyone willing to listen.

P.s., believe it or not the Revue was also my first Android product too. ;)

6. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

Well that's interesting!
    Hey, look at that thread from the girl "Needs lots of help" and see if you know what's going on there...
    thanks

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Heh. I think you've helped lotus well enough in that post. Don't think there's anything else that can be done other than exchanging it for another.

8. Timber

Timber New Member

The "Previous Channel" or "Last" is usually the Tab key. It works on my TimeWarner box, and used to on my U-Verse box, before I ditched them.