Quantcast

How to know if Co-Star is ON ?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Special_K, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Without turning on the TV and seeing if there is a picture displayed, how do you tell whether the Co-Star is on or off ? There does not seem to be any lights on the box and the remote control only has a toggle on/off.
    Hmmmm...

2. RandomBlue

RandomBlue New Member

Guess. :) Actually, there is a white LED on the back that turns on when the unit is on and not sleeping. When it's in sleep mode it blinks slowly. I really wish they'd put an LED on the front that indicates the unit is on as long as it turns off completely when it goes into sleep mode. I'm not a fan of lights that remain on but turn different colors when the unit is off or asleep.

Putting something semi-reflective behind and to the side of the unit might allow you to see this from the couch area so you can tell it's state for sure when the TV is off.

3. wwsiralexd

wwsiralexd New Member

And how do you operate the remote control in the dark? :)

4. RandomBlue

RandomBlue New Member

Flashlight? :)

5. ktklein72

ktklein72 Active Member

All good points. I was hoping to use my phone or tablet as the remote but it seems the issues others are experiencing w/GoogleTV Remote and Able Remote are due to the fact that the Co-Star has no IR Blaster option and that the remote itself has to be used as the blaster. So much for eliminating the remote - even a Logitech Harmony might be limited in what it can do.

But back on topic, I wish there was a light on the front too since my C-S box sits inside my entertainment center next to my CATV STB/DVR.

6. Labmanmi

Labmanmi New Member

When I 1st got it I thought it was odd to have the led in back. I guess they figured it would bother us in the front. A dimmer led in the front would have been better then a brighter one I can't see. it's not that big of a deal it just makes me go huh???