Quantcast

How to auto-program Sony TV

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by ubuntu, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ubuntu

ubuntu New Member

I got Sont TV yesterday and wanted to know that if I don't have HDMI, can I auto program Sony TV to watch television.

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

That is a run on sentence that makes no sense. How about a little more information and being a little more clear in the description of your issue. What is your provider? What is your Set To Box and how was it connected to your previous TV? What does it mean to "auto program Sony TV to watch television"????

Google TV devices have a built in setup procedure when you first turn them on where it walks you through the steps in getting things configured.

3. Seattledave

Seattledave New Member

I also have the same problem... Let me explain it differently. I went through setup (Comcast, directly connected to the coax cable, no cable box). I select the Auto program feature on the tv- it finds 29 analog and 70+ digital channels. However after the auto program you can't view any comcast channels. I still have wifi to Netflix, etc. Do I need a digital cable box as well?

4. Chiron16

Chiron16 New Member

(From my understanding) You don't need a digital cable box... only for pay per view.

Do I need a separate digital cable box for every TV?

Sony Google TV Live TV issue. - Android Forums

Also, what do you mean by "Comcast channels", are your referring to cable channels? Because if you have your cable plugged in and are getting 29 analog you should get the 70+ digital as well... because they are over the cable. You may want to use your cable box to TV...via HDMI.

I had to auto program mine twice... my cable wire was not completely inserted into the TV. It picked up only 16 channels the first time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  5. Chiron16

Chiron16 New Member

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The built-in TV tuner only supports ATSC/Clear QAM. Most likely, you can't see any channels because Comcast has them all encrypted. This will mean you'll need a separate cable box in order to tune in the channels. Here in Austin, Time Warner has one Clear QAM channel: The Home Shopping Network.