Quantcast

How secure is GTV? Online Banking, Mint...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Eman777, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Eman777

Eman777 New Member

I'm just curious about the security of the broswer and the box for malware? Online banking and other personal fin. Management sites have their own security which (arguably) should be pretty secure. Could the hardware/software used by GTV introduce added security worries?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I dont know, but my bank's website dosent let me connect on with my GTV. It say, For security reason your session has been interrupted. I would not try with the leaked version :)

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're still susceptible to web based trojans which commonly leak through non-curated banner ads of less scrupulous sites. So, its a good idea to completely close out all of your Chrome sessions before going into a sensitive site. As for other malware, I would say that you're reasonably safe until you have access to the Android Market and the ability to sideload applications. It is important to be particularly mindful and scrutinize the program's required permissions and the trustworthiness of the individual developers since you may inadvertently grant them access to sensitive data or resources.

4. GadgetBP

GadgetBP New Member

I see no up sides in using your Revue for online banking and plenty of down sides.. Do you not own a PC or Laptop?

5. tobias

tobias New Member

Google TV works essentially like any computer, and is as such vulnerable to Malware. On Android Phones and Tablets several Malware Apps have surfaced over the last years so you'll see the same for Google TV. Having said that, things are not worse as they are for PCs - and Google has in the past been reasonably fast in reacting to Malware on the Android Market. So if your homebanking applies standard security measures like TANs and the like I'd not be to worried.

6. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

^^This^^