Quantcast

how hot should the revue be running?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

i was using my revue last night .. watching some HD stuff on the web and i went to touch the top and it seemed quite warm i dont know if its such a good idea just to set it on top of my blu ray if its going to be running that warm.. i listened to it and the fan is still whurrring away.. and you call feel air current out of the side vents.. but its concerning..

are these things suppose to be warm or cool to the touch... there is no temp gauge on GTV 1 there is in GTV 2..
    but that will have to wait..

just a little worried..

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Using general terms of expression, I can tell you if I place my hand on top of the Revue that I can feel warmth. The fan should be moving to whisk away the heat from the CPU's heatsink. However, as I understand its speed will increase/decease depending on the internal temperature. So, if you believe your fan is running at a faster, nosier speed then it could be that there's not enough ventilation for it to move the heat away from the box thereby turning it into an EZ Bake Oven.

3. les anderson

les anderson New Member

I kept mine in a cabinet and did create an easybake oven. It needs to out in the open for sure.

4. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

well just a little bit of a follow up as to the Revue running hot..
    I had it sitting on top of my Samsung Blu ray player,, so
    its tendency to get warm was kinda doubled by the fact is was sitting on top of the blu ray,, thermal heat build up..
    no where for that heat to escape.. simple answer to it...

just build a little plat form out of non-heat conductive material,, about a inch high,, no more heating problems so far...
    nice air flow under the unit.. its such a simple fix... but if you do have that kinda heat issue.. you might want to try elevating the revue a bit.. might work..

now,,, WHERE IS HONEYCOMB!!! jk...
    im still digging revue even though is operating on old stale Fro Yog..