Quantcast

How frequently does TV & Movies update?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by ginsengbomb, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

...that is, why does my TV & Movies app still say that things like the latest episode of The Good Wife and the newly released Super 8 are "unavailable," despite the fact that they are perfectly available on Amazon VOD? Anybody else have this issue?

Using the Sony GTV BD box.

(and, for whatever it's worth, the Clicker app has the same issue -- shows that Super 8 is available on Vudu but doesn't indicate availability on Amazon VOD)

2. slydog75

slydog75 New Member

i think its real time peretty much what youre seeing is more likely due to licensing issues you can often rent stuff from AmazonVod on your pc before you can on a set top box

3. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

Hmmm. I'm not sure. I -can- actually rent these items on Amazon VOD on my GTV through Chrome. They just don't pop up in the TV & Movies app. If it were a licensing thing I think Amazon would be blocking my GTV box. Either way: odd! And only a minor nuisance, ultimately.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe the problem is the feeds that Google is getting from Amazon. This stuff is supposed to currently relevant but if it isn't its usually because there's a glitch in the content feeds which Google bases their searches.