Quantcast

How do you set up custom keys...

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by MetalWych, Aug 26, 2011.

1. MetalWych

MetalWych New Member

Hello,

I searched the forums here and searched online (like this isn't online...but), and I can't find any information on how to set up custom keys for things like Netflix. I would like FN+N for this, but when I try to set it up, it only gives me an option for controlling my TV, cable DVR, or my surround system, but none of the apps. Is there a way to do this? Unfortunately, I am having to hunt to figure out how to do everything (this "instructions" that came with my Revue SUCK!). Maybe I just have not searched correctly, so is there a good online help to getting the most out of the Revue.

I really am enjoying it so far (had it for a few weeks now, and now I really want to use it correctly!).

Any help would be appreciated. And sorry if this has already been answered (I did look).

MetalWych

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There are two ways of customizing your controller. You've actually got them intermixed up in your previous statement.

The use of the [Fn] key combination is only available on the Revue; as its apart of the Harmony ingredient. This allows you to reassign or reconfigure a variety of keys to emit IR codes for any devices which you have configured with the Revue, and extra room to learn remote codes from just about any IR remote. To configure this on the Revue, go to: GTV Settings > Input devices > Customize controller keys

The use of the [Search or "Magnifying Glass Symbol"] key combination is available on both Sony and Logitech Google TV devices. It allows you to create a keyboard shortcut for the applications installed on your Google TV device. To set this up on your GOogle TV device: GTV Settings > Applications > Quick launch

• Like Like x 2
  3. MetalWych

MetalWych New Member

Thank you! I got it to work great. Simple once you know how its done...

Again, thanks...

MetalWych