Quantcast

How do I stream to a Sony Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by ducksfly, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ducksfly

ducksfly New Member

So I've been trying to figure out how to stream to my new Sony 32" Google TV. I mean, I want to stream photos, movies and/or music from my Mac to my TV. I read and DNLA and I've tried elgato EyeConnect, Connect360, etc. My TV is plugged in to my router/modem via ethernet and my Macbook is on the wireless network. So how in the world do I stream stuff? I can't find my TV under Devices in EyeConnect or Connect360. I don't know even know where to go on my TV to find the streamed content (media player? it just keeps saying no devices). Please, somebody, anybody, help!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You'll need a DNLA server, the products you mentioned are uPnP server. If have Windows, you can enable Window Media Player sharing and that will stream videos to the Sony's Meda Player. Otherwise, take a look at Twonky, Tversity, or PlayOn software.

3. dothackmatt

dothackmatt New Member

For me, the most reliable and versatile option I have found is Twonky. I have had varying degrees of success with Windows Media Player sharing, mostly only music streaming well from it and hit or miss performance with PS3 Media Server. Twonky is the only thing so far that has played everything that I've thrown at it, with the exception of some MKV stuff with soft subtitles. Also, if you have an Android phone, I've had great results with the iMediashare app that can be downloaded for free from the Android Market. It also might be worth noting that I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 running the recent 2.3 Gingerbread update and the stock Media Server that is included in the update has also worked extremely well for video, music and photos. Hope this helps :cool: