Quantcast

How do I close Chrome?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by pegb856, Dec 29, 2011.

1. pegb856

pegb856 New Member

I'd like to know how to close Chrome, I browsed for 2 hours on it last night and tried for 10 min. to get it to close before it finally vanished from sight. Hitting the home button only made the browser gray out and look like my Wallpaper. I tried holding down all buttons and then just clicking the buttons (ESC, back and Home) to no avail. And yes I kept hitting the back button which is very tedious and hitting the home button only set it in the background (visible).

I feel the need to give a bit of background here, this is my 3rd Revue. I purchased the first one upon it's release last year and after 2 weeks returned it to Bestbuy because it just wasn't ready for prime time yet and $300 was just too much to invest in it as it was. This last summer after the price drop to $99 I purchased #2 and that device would not stay connected to wifi, connection always dropped when it was idle so I went to exchange it for another only to find out they were out of stock. After a few weeks my yearn for it subsided so I didn't replace that one as originally intended. Well last week my husband I were in Bestbuy christmas shopping and I saw the display Revue running Honeycomb and I again fell in love with the concept of it, so my generous hubby bought me #3 as my Christmas present. I want so much to love my Revue but it still has so many issues that I'm not sure it's a "keeper" yet and oh, it's soo slow. Most of the apps work fine on it, Netflix works great but I want something to multitask as in Browse and watch tv at the same time but I think Chrome is horrible. Flash doesn't work properly, it crashes most of the time, custom font sizes still don't stick. It does finally have bookmarks which is a big plus. Still my biggest issue is that I cannot close Chrome quickly or easily. Hopefully someone will optimize a 3rd party browser to work with GTV but in the meantime and help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

3. ertore

ertore New Member

Easy Bro: Just press the 3 bars icon (Menu) on the right when you are navigating. It would show some options and you select Windows and there you press the X and thats all. For other things you can see this site: The Official Google TV Blog: Tips & Tricks for the Google TV Pro