Quantcast

How do I add content to my internal storage on GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by GTVNEW, Jan 14, 2012.

1. GTVNEW

GTVNEW New Member

I have a new sony 40" google tv..trying to figure it out still. Okay I have 2 questions..I can't get it to read my external hard-drive, plugged into a usb port..is that possible? 2nd.. I plugged in my small flash drive, works, can I transfer a movie from there to the internal storage of my gtv? if so, how..thanks

2. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

"The internal memory is for updates, apps, and cache. You cannot upload files directly into the Revue's memory for a couple reasons. First of all, there isn't enough free space to fit a whole movie or anything, and secondly, it has multiple ports for connecting external storage that you can use to keep your media. It also accesses media over your network, so if you have a computer connected to the same network as the Revue or a NAS or other server-type device on the network, you can access the media files on that device from the Revue. So there really isn't any need for internal storage."

( can't get it to read my external hard-drive, plugged into a usb port..is that possible? 2nd.. I plugged in my small flash drive, works, )

sony wants the drives to be formatted fat32 ..your thumb drive is your external drive is not .

discussed here :http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony-internet-tv/4546-usb-ports.html

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  3. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

Ok...a follow up question if you don't mind bkdg100. I also have the Sony and it has 8 gb of internal space. I somehow managed to save a internet ad there (I have no idea how) and about 10 seconds of video of a spanish soap opera. Is there a way to access the memory of the Sony google tv. With the update

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

You can access the GTV storage where videos were downloaded. But you'll need to do it with an app such as File Explorer.

So your best best is to download File Explorer from the android market. Then from within that app look at SD Card downloads and you should see the videos that were downloaded. To delete them long press the cursor over them and a menu will pop up. Then click where it says "delete".