Quantcast

How did "Wisdom" get banned?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Phillykef, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Phillykef

Phillykef New Member

I've used this forum sporadically over the past year to help with various co-star issues, and the one constant was this Wisdom character and his nonsense. Today I noticed that he wasn't posting all over the board, and when I searched his profile it said "Banned." What was the straw that broke the camel's back?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm not sure exactly what was the straw that broke the Camel's back - but for those of you experiencing Wisdom withdrawal and needing a fix - he posts regularly on the Google+ Google TV Community page. -:) His name is Israel Oliver, Jr. I know he posted some nonsense stuff - but he also helped a lot of people and he makes some very good posts over on the Google+ GTV Community.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103154508693468858359 <---(click for Google+ GTV Community)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101508104351141925460/posts <---(click for Israel Oliver, Jr.'s Google+ page)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Shame. He contributed a lot. If people didn't like what he was posting all they had to do was not read his posts.

4. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

I'll have to respectfully disagree, and I'll leave it at that.

Personally, I've shelved my CoStar until they finally roll out the JB update (just 1 month left for them since they said 3rd quarter). I look forward to much much progress once that update rolls out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, he was banned for good cause. If it had been my decision he would have been banned long ago.

• Like Like x 6
  6. bidger

bidger Member

Agree completely. It's one thing to be a fan and another to be a fanatic. And even if you are, it doesn't mean you need to be rude when you post. That was what Wisdom fell into at least one too many times.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

agree....... and who care about hdmi cable anyway!

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk 2

8. callanish

callanish Member

Yeah, good riddance to him. You can help.You can even offer constructive criticism, but when you do it in a smug, arrogant, superior way in which he came across, plus never admitting anything you say or do as being even remotely wrong, he became such an annoyance. I personally think he took away more from the forum than he gave back and I won't miss him whatsoever.

9. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

He always seemed like someone who was getting paid to promote the CoStar or at least wanted to be. His contributions to the forum were appreciated, but his attitude and use of spamming ... was destructive.

10. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

I think it was a case of being over passionate about a product. But, to be fair, I must say there were a few threads/posts from him where I did find intresting information.

11. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't know what it was, but clearly he took things way too far and essentially became a board troll rather than a positive force to help people learn how to use the CoStar in creative ways as he could have been.