Quantcast

horizontal fuzzy lines across screen

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by sleepraider, Jul 30, 2013.

1. sleepraider

sleepraider New Member

So this AM, out of nowhere, my gtv set-top (Hisense Pulse) started acting funky. Many applications I was trying (Al Jezeera News, Redux, etc) now have fuzzy horizontal lines. It's actually almost like decades ago when you had fuzzy reception with your antenna or your tracking on your VCR was bad, except it was more than that. It almost appeared at times that you could see two feeds (like the Al Jezeera feed even though I had closed that app) over the Redux feed. Was that way with certain apps, and not at the home screen, or when I was in the google apps menus... just when I was in certain apps. The only new app I installed was the Al Jezeera app, but I had previously installed that w/o issue... so I dont know whats going on. I wonder if this has anything to do with orientation locker?

Sorry no pics as of now. Will try to get some when at home later.

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

If you have another HDMI cable available try switching it out. At the least unplug the cable and reinsert (in another HDMI port if available). Also, a CTRL + Alt+ Delete wouldn't hurt. If it is only happening w/apps, try deleting updates for some of them. One or more may be the culprit. If ya can't resolve the problem give Hisense Support a call. But good luck w/that. If I remember correctly, the Hisense Pulse support was less than helpful, but maybe they have changed their ways.

Man! I only wish you would have gotten one of the Sony GS models. You really seem to like GTV.

Lemme know...

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That sounds like an HDMI input or output problem to me, as Carlzone suggested, try a different HDMI cable, then try a different HDMI input if you have one. Rebooting Google TV first is a good idea as mentioned also. I don't believe an app is at fault.

• Like Like x 4