Quantcast

Honeycomb "in the weeks ahead"

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by galfert, Oct 2, 2011.

1. galfert

galfert Active Member

When I first read the Google TV twitter post I though oh darn it isn't going to make it out by end of Summer like they promised...bummer. But I thought okay good it is coming soon "in the weeks ahead." So I thought it will be here within the month of October. I thought that because it didn't say "in the months ahead." So I'm thinking "in the weeks ahead" means less than 4 weeks.

But now that I'm at the last stage of grievance (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance)...I think I'm ready to accept that "in the weeks ahead" could very well mean more than 4 weeks. "In the weeks ahead" doesn't mean anything!!! Google has been promising the next step for Google TV since its inception. First it was early 2011, then it was Spring 2011, then it was Summer 2011, then it was by late Summer 2011 which became by the end of Summer 2011. Too many broken promises. As a technology advocate I'm disgusted and feel let down by Google. This late in the game Google needs to commit to date and let everyone know what that date is.

So what do you all think "in the weeks ahead" means???

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Since they don't necessarily have to answer to anyone when it comes to the google TV project, I bet their project management strategy isn't the most time-based. I'm glad most game companies(not Blizzard of course) for the most part stick to their release dates..

Either way.. In the weeks ahead I think meant less than two months away.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I think it will be here for the 'holiday season'. Now when the holiday season actually starts (and ends) is up for debate. -:)

4. harley man

harley man New Member

they have drop the ball to many times on google tv they need to step. up there game

5. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

google lies often

6. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

All companies miss dates.. I rather them take the time to get it right than to rush it out the door with major issues...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk