Quantcast

Honeycomb confirmed for end of September

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by koopakid08, Jul 29, 2011.

1. koopakid08

koopakid08 New Member

From logitechs CEO on conference call today:

De Luca followed up and noted that Google TV will get new software at the end of September with an app market. It's a major update to the platform. It's what the platform should always have been, particularly the addition of the App Store for Android apps for the TV, he said. The good news is that all these beautiful new things will run on the existing box.

www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/logitechs-go...-everything/53444noluke=?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

Looks like end of September is confirmed!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. daddypants

daddypants New Member

thank you for posting that. i am exited.

3. davpel

davpel New Member

Ugh! End of September doesn't sound like late summer to me as Google indicated during I/O. Another promised date for the Android Market likely come and gone. Thank god gtvhacker.com has made progress on a hack install of Honeycomb.

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Logitech should extend our warranties for an extra year. For those that purchased their devices last October it would mean that they would only get a 1 month left of warranty when the product finally reaches the promised functionality.

5. koopakid08

koopakid08 New Member

Well now that Google Tv's are showing up in the market I'm thinking that end of September is for real.

6. Winkle

Winkle New Member

Yeah I got a good deal on my TV and want to use the android system on my TV..
    does anyone who reads this in excitement know if we will be able to customize the menu/homescreen! Black is cool but Id like a picture ect..
    I dont have any android products but they seem to be everywhere, so any info or links would help!