Quantcast

Honeycomb 3.1 and the Revue Cam

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by c1tobor, Dec 10, 2011.

1. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

Looking for info on how the Cam is working with the new update, or does the update even have anything to do with the Logitech Vid software?

2. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

It is working the same as on 2.1. It was not ncluded in the leaked versions so I am excited to have this back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rocking Honeycomb on the GTV

3. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

This is from Google TV product manager, Larry Yang, held a Q & A Hangout session today....

Future plans for video conferencing?
    They are working on adding those capabilities to the platform. They're working with the Google Hangout team, Skype, and other 3rd party video chat services to bring them to Google TV.

(Couldn't paste the link, need 10 posts)​

4. gossipninja

gossipninja New Member

Sweet, I was hoping hangouts would be supported. I was telling my boss, that if hangouts are supported, then buying a couple revue w/ cam bundles and small HDTV's would be great makeshift teleconference suites for our remote offices.

5. DCAlexandria

DCAlexandria Member

Awesome. I guess I wasn't too optimistic huh efraz ;-)

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, you still are optimistic, DCAlabama. Gnarld summarization of what Larry Yang actually said regard video conferencing did not reflect the Logitech Revue. There were two separate questions asked during the hangout; one was enabling Google+ Hangous and mine which was regards to enabling Video Conferencing for third-party apps beyond Logitech's proprietary implementation. When he answered my question, he was talking more in more broad terms in how they still have a lot of work in deciding on the many different components necessary to support video conferencing on Google TV. This is still something they are working on, but it is not something that appears to be even close to being ready.

As it stands, my original statement hold true. Third-party developers still need to open a relationship with Logitech in order to develop video conferencing software that uses the proprietary video conferencing platform on the Logitech Revue.