Quantcast

Holy Smokes Did I Jump The Gun On This Purchase?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by vinotauro, Nov 26, 2011.

1. vinotauro

vinotauro New Member

Hey guys, I was looking for a decent HDTV so I came across the Sony NSX-40GT1 at Target for $599

I thought to myself, well damn that seems like a pretty sweet deal since I usually see them for around $799. So why not? I quickly purchased it, got home and set it up. The colors look awesome and the back light looks good....and that's all I can say at the moment. The gaming lag is HORRIBLE. You literally cannot play any kind of shooter or anything that requires a little bit of reflexes without horrendous input lag. Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm now looking at the reviews for the T.V. and I can't believe there is no Gaming mode put into the T.V.! Is there going to be a fix for this or should I repackage it and return it? Very disappointed but probably my fault for not doing more research beforehand.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you intend on gaming then you should return the television for all the reasons described in this thread, "http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony-internet-tv/2571-gaming-lag.html". Besides, there's nothing to "fix" if the manufacturer believes that this is the "normal operation".

The problem is inherit to the design of their inputs which are funneled through the CE4100 series processor in order to allow instant Google TV overlays. The only way to have avoided it would be to dedicate at least one of the inputs to bypass the Google TV platform entirely, like Vizio does with their "Game Port(s)". Maybe someone will take this into consideration in the next generation of Google TV devices. But, for now if you want to get into the Google TV platform, I'd recommend either the Logitech or Sony companion boxes.

3. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

don't use it for games, u should had gotten the google tv box if you want to use the tv with xbox. maybe you have the receipt. oh and get the sony tv box not the glitchy revue box