Quantcast

hisense remote keyboard

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by stussy, Apr 3, 2013.

1. stussy

stussy New Member

just recently purchased a a hisense pulse from amazon first wouldnt work on my lg tv but works on my sony bravia all good
    then came to setting the thing up get to google account but the keyboard on the remote side doesnt work only the numbers on keyboard work
    has anyone had problems like this how can i fix this was really exited about this pulse

2. MacFrugal

MacFrugal New Member

I have the exact same issue. Is this user error or is the remote broken? For the moment I'm using the Google TV Android app. I called Hisense and customer support just didn't give a f*ck. They said to contact Amazon for a new one. Zero troubleshooting.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try these troubleshooting steps provided by Revue5 in another thread about the Pulse:

• Make sure that the batteries are inserted correctly.
    • Operate the remote closer to the player.
    • Reboot Pulse-box (Disconnect and reconnect the AC power cord).
    • Do not cover the upper left part of the remote because that is where the antenna is located (the remote may malfunction or may not work properly if you cover the antenna).
    • If the touch-pad of the remote is not operated for a while, it will not sense any attempts at operations. When you want to use it again,
    Hold the remote up, or
    After clicking the touch- pad, lift your finger off it for a few seconds.

4. MacFrugal

MacFrugal New Member

Thanks for the response. None of these solutions worked. Guess I got a bad remote. The question is whether to get a replacement or just ship this back to Amazon for a refund.

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Macfrugal

Ship that unit back as fast as ya can!

The Hisense Pulse is not a Google TV device you want to wait & see about. The Support system is quite unlike anything we've seen w/other GTV devices from other companies. They are treating GTV devices as w/older systems that require little if no Customer Support. The Hisense Pulse is a device that has been tossed off into a broad premium service Support system that deals w/all their unsuccessful endeavors.

My best & only advice...

If you are within the time limit for returning the device, I can only suggest you take advantage & return the device immediately...Follow their instructions and require the standard return label. I can't remember the exact procedure for returning this device as it was one of many, but I can say that it was one of the worst I ever had to return.

Carl

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013