Quantcast

Hisense Pulse

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by revue5, Dec 26, 2012.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hisense Pulse - more ....

- (From the video) the box looks responsive & seems to work with Logitech Revue Keyboard (model K700 & probably the Mini Controller).

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Just got my unit up & running. I just wish it would stop sending me to mobile pages. That is really pissing me off! I'll play around w/it until Monday. Then I think it's outta here.

Carl

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

Just change the user agent.
    Better off, root it if you didn't update already, then you get hulu.

5. Carlszone

I aready updated it. I'm getting the hang of this unit. The remote is really painful but I'm starting to get used to it. I notice the Slacker Radio App is listed as not compatible whereas on the Logitech Revue it loads and plays well. One really cool thing. I didn't have to download all my app from the Revue. The restore feature and sync feature loaded all my apps & bookmarks. All my launchers and wallpaper were there also.

I changed the user agent, but I'm still getting forced to mobile pages. I try erasing the m. and the dang thing comes right back.

Carl

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Very interesting about being forced to mobile pages. Does this happen often or only occasionally?

I have read in reviews (and several posts in this forum) that the Sony NSZ-GS7 also does this on occasion. Also with the Sony NSZ-GS7 changing the user agent makes no difference.

It's a bit hard to figure this out because all GTV devices (including the first generation devices) still have exactly the same Chrome user agent.

I suspect that this is a "stealth" feature that Google added to the second generation devices because of instability complaints (shockwave crashes, freeze-ups, Aw Snap!, etc.) with the first generation boxes. Of course the other possibility is that this is a "glitch" of some kind with Chrome on the new GTV boxes. I'm leaning to the notion that it's intentional.

Something that you can try: instead of typing the URL of the web page into the Go-To Search Bar - try bookmarking the page and see if it still directs you to the mobile version. Also you could try posting the URL as a link somewhere and then click on the link to see if Chrome handles the URL in the same manner. Intuitively one would think that Chrome would handle a link the same way - but IMO it's definitely worth a try.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* If you click on the following link it will tell you your browser user agent string:

http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

The user agent string for my Logitech Revue is:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Safari/534.24

I believe all GTV devices still have the same Chrome user agent string. Is the user agent on your Hisense Pulse the same?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also have you tried going to the Chrome settings then "Under The Hood" and poking around a bit? Perhaps there is some setting to turn off the feature that forces mobile web pages?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  7. Carlszone

Hi

Your User Agent String is:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Safari/534.24

I'm betting it is the site. I tried going directly, from my.msn favorites and via bookmark removing the m. I cleared cache & cookies just in case the site was remembering me. The Logitech Revue has never taken me to a mobile site except on certain Spotlight pages. Just hoping I don't run into this too often.

Another thing that's bugging the fried beans outta me...I can't seem to figure a way to move my Favorites on my Launcher Pro screens. And now that I've saved em to the Homescreen there is no way to remove them. LOL!!! This unit is hilarious. I spent a long time looking for the Bookmark button. Ctrl + D, Menu worked.

I'm waiting for another HDMI cable w/splitter to check out the TV features. So far the Logitech Revue is by far the more convenient unit. The remote actually gave me a splitting headache! I'd try pairing the keyboard since I have two, but did notice that both kbs still control the Revue.

Guess I'll have ta buy an USB mouse...

Carl